Pearce, Davidson lead Elizabeth Forward to 33-0 win
Elizabeth Forward scored four touchdowns within an eight-minute span of the third quarter Friday to rout visiting Uniontown, 33-0, in a WPIAL Class AAA Big Nine Conference match up.
The Warriors (3-2, 3-2) have won three straight and are tied with Ringgold for fourth place in the conference. EF last won three in a row in 2008.
Rex Pearce rushed 152 yards and a score while JaQuan Davidson added 100 yards including touchdown runs of 21, 1 and 18 yards while tossing a 42-yard scoring strike to Matt Diehl.
The Warriors defense also stifled Uniontown (1-4, 1-4), holding the Red Raiders to 52 total yards.
Deer Lakes 40, Charleroi 21
Charleroi's bid for its first win of the year fell flat as host Deer Lakes rolled off 20 third-quarter points in a non-conference clash.
For the Cougars (0-5), Matt Carr hit Jim Diaz for a 56-yard scoring strike while Eric Johnson (78-yard kickoff return), and Brandon Bowman (46-yard run).
Cody Keenan led Deer Lakes (2-3) with 126 rushing yards on 19 carries while returning an interception 98 yards for a score.
California 48, Serra Catholic 7
In a clash of winless teams, California rolled out to a 35-point halftime lead en route to its first victory of the season in Class A Tri-County South action.
Gavin Anderson rushed for 80 yards on just six carries and Corey Adams added 72 yards on just four carries before sitting out the second half for the Trojans (1-4, 1-4). They both scored two touchdowns while quarterback Austin Hunter opened the scoring with a 15-yard touchdown run.
Za'Lamir Meader rushed for 107 yards on 25 carries, and scored the lone touchdown for Serra Catholic (0-5, 0-5).
Bentworth 57, Vincentian 28
Bentworth scored more points Friday than it did all of last season in Friday's non-conference game.
The Bearcats (1-4) got 263 yards rushing and four touchdowns from running back Ben Carlisle. Bentworth went ahead to stay in the second quarter after blocking a Vincentian punt and recovering it in the end zone.
Dante Sicchitano added a 7-yard touchdown catch from Angelo Rios-Lopez and scoring runs by Matt McMillan and Darius Hays.
Running back Dan Kushner rushed 30 times for 200 yards and two touchdowns for Vincentian (1-3).
Mt. Pleasant 48, Yough 6
Yough (2-3, 2-3) dropped its third straight Class AA Interstate Conference game at Mt. Pleasant (5-0, 5-0).
The Cougars were led offensively by quarterback Tyler Donahue, who completed 20 of 37 passes for 174 and a 10-yard touchdown to Ben D'Amico.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- Connellsville posts $174K deficit
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Paper accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities