Fox Chapel tennis coach starts online fitness program
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012, 9:29 p.m.
Alex Slezak is known as a tennis coach and physical education instructor in the Fox Chapel Area school district.
Now, he will also spread the gospel of fitness to adults.
He launched an online fitness program on Sept. 24.
“As a coach and phys ed teacher, I train kids to improve their fitness, coordination, speed and agility all year long,” Slezak said.
“Parents have asked me for years to start training adults but I have never had time because I am so busy working with youth at the high school.
“For the past eight months, I have been working to create a world-class, 100 percent online digital training program for adults.”
The program has two parts — one is an education component and the other is the ‘how to' component.
Slezak believes he has left no stone unturned in the program.
“I cover training principles, nutrition, soft tissue work, mobility, stretching, postural problems and provide individualized monthly workouts,” he said.
Slezak will also offer a free on-line mini-course with explanations of “Why cardio is dead” and “Manipulating metabolism through exercise.”
Anyone can access the course online by entering a valid email. At the end of the course, they will have the opportunity to join the online training program.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Body found on train tracks in West End
- Pirates should exploit free-swinging Brewers
- Plum native Umberger inching closer to making return for Blue Jackets
- Greensburg high school roundup: Yough softball defeats Belle Vernon in 10 innings
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Penguins’ Bylsma and Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well
- Westmoreland County trio setting pole vault standard