Fox Chapel tennis coach starts online fitness program
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Slezak is known as a tennis coach and physical education instructor in the Fox Chapel Area school district.
Now, he will also spread the gospel of fitness to adults.
He launched an online fitness program on Sept. 24.
“As a coach and phys ed teacher, I train kids to improve their fitness, coordination, speed and agility all year long,” Slezak said.
“Parents have asked me for years to start training adults but I have never had time because I am so busy working with youth at the high school.
“For the past eight months, I have been working to create a world-class, 100 percent online digital training program for adults.”
The program has two parts — one is an education component and the other is the ‘how to' component.
Slezak believes he has left no stone unturned in the program.
“I cover training principles, nutrition, soft tissue work, mobility, stretching, postural problems and provide individualized monthly workouts,” he said.
Slezak will also offer a free on-line mini-course with explanations of “Why cardio is dead” and “Manipulating metabolism through exercise.”
Anyone can access the course online by entering a valid email. At the end of the course, they will have the opportunity to join the online training program.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Penguins notebook: Johnston calls Quinn ‘phenomenal’ coach, person
- MLB notebook: Red Sox spending way out of the cellar
- Liberty Bridge inspections to close lanes
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input
- Goal of political process is not to create a government that works
- Blatant misuse of union dues
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson shooting
- Greensburg Tuesday takes