Return to regional next for Penn-Trafford's Borkovich
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Four Penn-Trafford players took the course, but only one advanced from the WPIAL final.
Senior Haley Borkovich secured a spot in the PIAA Western Regional by placing sixth on Monday at the WPIAL Class AAA individual championship at 3 Lakes Golf Course with a 12-over-par round of 84.
The regional at Tom's Run Golf Course on Oct. 15 will be the second straight for Borkovich, but unlike last year, she will be the only Penn-Trafford representative there.
P-T golfers Morgan Rector, Casey Doran and Mia Barchetti all finished outside of the top seven at WPIALs.
Rector and Doran shot matching rounds of 92, while Barchetti struggled with a 50 on the front nine before finishing with a 94.
As a team, the undefeated Warriors are preparing for the WPIAL team championship at Cedarbrook Golf Course, 10 a.m. on Oct. 11.
On the boys' side P-T senior Max Doran was the co-medalist with a 2-over-par 74 in the boys individual semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Sept. 25. He was scheduled to compete in the WPIAL final on Wednesday at Fox Chapel, after this edition's deadline.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Police: Cardinals RB Dwyer head-butted wife
- Video posted online captures Wilkinsburg child’s injuries
- Uniontown man shot in foot
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Pittsburgh motorists get fewer parking tickets, pay more at meters
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Growing RMU nursing school poised for expansion
- Windber priest suspended as feds raid home, rectory
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Grant to aid Western Pennsylvania children’s mental health treatment