Penn-Trafford field hockey in playoff hunt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team's path to defending the WPIAL title is hitting a crucial two-week stretch.
The team entered the second half of Section 1-AAA play with a 9-2-1 overall record but a 3-1-1 section record, which left it in third place behind North Allegheny (4-0-1) and Pine-Richland (4-1-0) in league play.
The Warriors host North Allegheny at 4 p.m. Thursday and visit Pine-Richland at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 in a pair of games that likely will decide if the Warriors return to the playoffs.
P-T entered the week on a three game winning streak after topping Norwin, 10-0, and nonsection opponents Mt. Lebanon and Peters Township, 5-0 and 1-0, respectively.
Leading P-T has been the offense, which is led by senior Amanda Steffey (24 goals, 9 assists), senior Sydney Pribanic (11 G, 10 A) and sophomore Isabel Siergiej (21 G, 5 A), who scored the lone goal against Peters Township unassisted.
Goalie Harry Miller has four shutouts this year, while also spending time on the field to help add depth to the defense.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Authorities accuse South Fayette commissioner of insurance fraud
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Prosecutors float possibility of jail time for former Justice Melvin
- Body found in Allegheny River near Clemente Bridge
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Neil Diamond bringing tour to Consol Energy Center
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Paper or paper? California bans single-use plastic bags
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet