Penn-Trafford field hockey in playoff hunt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team's path to defending the WPIAL title is hitting a crucial two-week stretch.
The team entered the second half of Section 1-AAA play with a 9-2-1 overall record but a 3-1-1 section record, which left it in third place behind North Allegheny (4-0-1) and Pine-Richland (4-1-0) in league play.
The Warriors host North Allegheny at 4 p.m. Thursday and visit Pine-Richland at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 in a pair of games that likely will decide if the Warriors return to the playoffs.
P-T entered the week on a three game winning streak after topping Norwin, 10-0, and nonsection opponents Mt. Lebanon and Peters Township, 5-0 and 1-0, respectively.
Leading P-T has been the offense, which is led by senior Amanda Steffey (24 goals, 9 assists), senior Sydney Pribanic (11 G, 10 A) and sophomore Isabel Siergiej (21 G, 5 A), who scored the lone goal against Peters Township unassisted.
Goalie Harry Miller has four shutouts this year, while also spending time on the field to help add depth to the defense.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tennessee QB considers transfer to Pitt
- Central Catholic safety Petrishen to sign with Penn State
- City crews getting ready for winter storm expected Sunday, Monday
- Penn State falls at Illinois on late layup
- 4-car pileup reported on Bower Hill Road
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Oldies concert to give Charleroi school programs a boost
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese journalist
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Brownsville hopes grant can help launch project