Penn-Trafford field hockey in playoff hunt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team's path to defending the WPIAL title is hitting a crucial two-week stretch.
The team entered the second half of Section 1-AAA play with a 9-2-1 overall record but a 3-1-1 section record, which left it in third place behind North Allegheny (4-0-1) and Pine-Richland (4-1-0) in league play.
The Warriors host North Allegheny at 4 p.m. Thursday and visit Pine-Richland at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 in a pair of games that likely will decide if the Warriors return to the playoffs.
P-T entered the week on a three game winning streak after topping Norwin, 10-0, and nonsection opponents Mt. Lebanon and Peters Township, 5-0 and 1-0, respectively.
Leading P-T has been the offense, which is led by senior Amanda Steffey (24 goals, 9 assists), senior Sydney Pribanic (11 G, 10 A) and sophomore Isabel Siergiej (21 G, 5 A), who scored the lone goal against Peters Township unassisted.
Goalie Harry Miller has four shutouts this year, while also spending time on the field to help add depth to the defense.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Pouncey to file countersuit against nightclub accusers
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Fans head to Jason Aldean concert in droves
- Penn State names Barbour new AD
- 3 rockets hit Israel as Hamas rejects Gaza truce
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- News Alert
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season