Penn-Trafford field hockey in playoff hunt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team's path to defending the WPIAL title is hitting a crucial two-week stretch.
The team entered the second half of Section 1-AAA play with a 9-2-1 overall record but a 3-1-1 section record, which left it in third place behind North Allegheny (4-0-1) and Pine-Richland (4-1-0) in league play.
The Warriors host North Allegheny at 4 p.m. Thursday and visit Pine-Richland at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 in a pair of games that likely will decide if the Warriors return to the playoffs.
P-T entered the week on a three game winning streak after topping Norwin, 10-0, and nonsection opponents Mt. Lebanon and Peters Township, 5-0 and 1-0, respectively.
Leading P-T has been the offense, which is led by senior Amanda Steffey (24 goals, 9 assists), senior Sydney Pribanic (11 G, 10 A) and sophomore Isabel Siergiej (21 G, 5 A), who scored the lone goal against Peters Township unassisted.
Goalie Harry Miller has four shutouts this year, while also spending time on the field to help add depth to the defense.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Mars Area superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Truck wreck snarls traffic in Beaver County
- Police arrest 14-year-old in connection to bomb threats phoned in to South Hills schools
- Bomb threat prompts search at Norwin High School
- Parkway West ramps to be closed at Carnegie
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Pittsburgh City Council President officially cited for dumping trash on steps of South Side business
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker