Lady Rams looking good as season turns down home stretch
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A tough loss to Fox Chapel last week may have bumped the Lady Rams from the top of the heap in the state rankings, but fans can rest assured this team will be back on the winning track in a hurry.
“We don't talk about rankings … we talk about one game at a time,” Pine-Richland coach Amanda Fetter said. “We love to get recognition, but you still have to go out and prove it.”
Getting off to an 8-2 start is a testament to just how good this team still is despite losing so much talent from last year.
“What makes this team good is the way they compose themselves. They relax and don't get rattled,” Fetter said. “Our defense is strong, too.”
A strong defense in a competitive and unpredictable section is important. The defending WPIAL champion Lady Raiders reside in the same section, as does North Allegheny and a very good Fox Chapel team.
“This begins the second go-round in the section, and just because we won the first game, does not mean we will win the second,” Fetter said.
In order to sustain the success the team has enjoyed, Fetter said the players have to stay grounded. There still is half the season to go. She said the team deserves to be among the best, but at the same time the players should treat the second half of the season as if everyone is 0-0.
“I am pleased and proud of where we are right now, but it won't be enough (if we slow down now),” Fetter said.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-779-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nurse who survived Ebola virus says Dallas hospital failed her
- Power play shines in Penguins’ victory
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Icy roads causing multiple accidents Sunday evening
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- Pitt drops lead late, loses to Wake Forest
- ALICE program aims to protect students from active shooter in school
- Pirates pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- National Weather Service predicts up to 7 inches of snow before Sunday night
- MLB notebook: Rockies select contract of former Pirates reliever Axford