Local roundup: Fox Chapel falls to North Hills
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brandon Mitchell scored the game's first points on an 80-yard run for Fox Chapel, but North Hills dominated the scoring the rest of the way to pick up a 31-7 victory Friday night in Quad North Conference play.
Mitchell finished with 131 rushing yards on 17 carries for the Foxes (1-5, 1-4).
Josh Hulbert ran for 115 yards and two touchdowns, and Jordon Blackmon added 105 yards and two scores for No. 8 North Hills (5-1, 3-1). Wayne Carney also added a 29-yard field goal for North Hills.
Fox Chapel plays host to Baldwin on Friday.
Plum 3, Woodland Hills 0 — Aaliyah Odom scored twice and added an assist, and Nicolette Casarcia had a goal and assist to lead Plum (7-5-2, 5-3-2) to a Section 3-AAA win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Memorial Day marked with several events in Kittanning
- LaRosa Boys & Girls Club of McKeesport remembers war dead
- McKeesport mayor believes city’s ceremony reflects Memorial Day’s true meaning
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Sports camps added at East Franklin’s Belmont Complex
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves