Local roundup: Fox Chapel falls to North Hills
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brandon Mitchell scored the game's first points on an 80-yard run for Fox Chapel, but North Hills dominated the scoring the rest of the way to pick up a 31-7 victory Friday night in Quad North Conference play.
Mitchell finished with 131 rushing yards on 17 carries for the Foxes (1-5, 1-4).
Josh Hulbert ran for 115 yards and two touchdowns, and Jordon Blackmon added 105 yards and two scores for No. 8 North Hills (5-1, 3-1). Wayne Carney also added a 29-yard field goal for North Hills.
Fox Chapel plays host to Baldwin on Friday.
Plum 3, Woodland Hills 0 — Aaliyah Odom scored twice and added an assist, and Nicolette Casarcia had a goal and assist to lead Plum (7-5-2, 5-3-2) to a Section 3-AAA win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- Islamic State group pushed out of Syria’s Kobani
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Drops in gasoline prices won’t likely last, analysts say