High school roundup: Big passing day propels Seton-La Salle past Burgettstown
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Luke Brumbaugh completed 8 of 12 passes for 261 yards and four touchdowns to lead No. 8 Seton-La Salle to a 49-7 WPIAL Class AA Century Conference win at Burgettstown (0-6, 0-5) on Saturday afternoon.
Louis Rotunda and Scott Orndoff caught two touchdowns each. Seton-La Salle (5-1, 5-1) scored 28 points in the first quarter and led, 42-0, at halftime.
Deer Lakes 18, Summit Academy 14 — Deer Lakes (3-3, 2-3) scored three touchdowns in the final 10:10 to beat Summit Academy (2-4, 1-4) in Class AA Allegheny Conference play.
Zach Bryner caught three passes for 112 yards and two scores for Deer Lakes. Josh Plocki threw for 163 yards. William Johnson scored twice for Summit Academy, once on a 9-yard run and the other on a 66-yard interception return.
South Side Beaver 28, OLSH 7 — Cameron McCoy ran 28 times for 226 yards and touchdowns of 14 and 78 yards, as South Side Beaver (1-5, 1-5) defeated OLSH (1-5, 1-5) in the Class A Big Seven Conference.
Devon Hample added a 34-yard touchdown run, and Jonathan Magusiak scored on a 1-yard run and kicked a 26-yard field goal. Joe Sebes scored OLSH's only touchdown on a 1-yard run.
Shady Side Academy 3, Springdale 0 — Zoe Schoen, Maggie Scott and Holly Stewart each scored to give No. 2 Shady Side Academy (10-3-1, 9-2) a Section 4-A victory over Springdale (7-8, 6-4).
Peters Township 4, Mercyhurst Prep 0 — Olivia Roberson scored twice as Class AAA No. 1 Peters Township (13-1) defeated Mercyhurst Prep at the Peters Township Tournament.
Southmoreland 2, Charleroi 2 (OT) — Luke Zeleznik scored both goals for Southmoreland (5-8-1, 5-5-1) in a Section 6-AA match against Charleroi (8-5-2, 5-5-2).
Canon-McMillan 5, Baldwin 2 — Veronica Rothka scored two goals to pace Canon-McMillan (6-5-2) to a nonsection win over Baldwin (10-4). Ashley Parks, Kayleigh Brink and Allison Oddi all had a goal in the Big Macs' win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘pretty special’
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Woman dies in fall at McConnells Mill State Park
- WPIAL football coaches use unique awards to motivate their players
- Dense fog slows Western Pa. morning rush hour
- Police: Westmoreland woman forged painkiller prescriptions