Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Armstrong escapee caught; murder charges pending
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson
- Hillary Clinton calls out GOP on trade embargo on Cuba
- Police: Lincoln-Lemington burglary suspect shoots self during foot chase with officer
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Weak earnings drag energy sector lower
- Residents seek to shore up status of Shadyside’s rare exposed-wood street
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times