Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- The holiday season ushers in the gift of another layer of fashion — the coat
- Author DeKok’s ‘Murder in the Stacks’ looks at Penn State student’s 1969 killing
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Report lays out red flags, failures in rearing of shooter at Conn. school
- Air Force reservist apparently settles firing lawsuit against U.S. Steel
- Former youth volunteer facing federal child pornography charges
- Dick Cavett memoir looks back on more than TV show
- The Word Guy: In formal prose, rely on ‘pleaded,’ not ‘pled’
- Carnegie boy gets to be mayor for a day