Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Valley baseball gets another chance to advance
- Housing authority officer shot dead in New Orleans
- Thrill of the chase: Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Summertime is the perfect opportunity to dig into a good book
- Chicago inmate eats screws, needles, amasses $1M medical tab
- Senior Pitchford makes Serra track history
- Mercyhurst wins opener at NCAA D-II baseball championships
- Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates past Mets
- Deer Lakes softball team seeks 2nd WPIAL title in 4 years
- Florida mother who refused circumcision for son, 4, freed
- Navy divers to salvage remains of Confederate warship in Georgia