Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fatality reported in two-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Unpaid August Wilson creditors seek help from judge
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Dunbar woman, toddler in critical condition after high-speed crash
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- LaBar: What the WrestleMania title match should be
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Fawn fugitive Filous captured, jailed