Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Jury acquits defendant in Mt. Oliver murder case
- Downtown barbershop target of racial-slur graffiti
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Shell closing Franklin Park office next year
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Former Connellsville police officer wants sex-trade case dismissed
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar