Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Johnstown man accused of sexual misconduct at state park
- Cat found shot with arrow in Penn Township expected to survive
- EU offers to ease Turkey’s refugee burden
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Charges pending in Butler County Rottweiler attack
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Allegheny County budget proposal sidesteps tax increase, boosts jail spending
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Hampton’s Balish, GCC’s Zambruno capture WPIAL girls golf titles
- State Supreme Court concludes hearing on UPMC-Highmark Medicare case