Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- At least one dead in Beaver County fire
- Rossi: Baseball needs a new schedule
- Munhall councilman who assaulted colleague won’t be charged
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- South Allegheny begins year with upgrades, contract uncertainty
- Penn State Greater Allegheny welcomes return of bus route to campus
- Armstrong River Hawks make their debut
- Ford City Express may be back on track by Christmas
- Late summer fun at Ford City street festival