Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Heart stent implanted, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg goes home
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- 3 sets of siblings help Greensburg Central Catholic volleyball achieve championship success
- Pryor’s 22 points lead Robert Morris past Louisiana-Monroe
- Aerobics center offers services to Greensburg VFD
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Icy roads, bridges trigger minor accidents in Western Pennsylvania
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Fashion FYI: Wearable art open house set in Jeannette