Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Man beaten, robbed in South Side, police say
- Pirates notebook: GM sticking to plan with Kang
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Boscov’s could help sustain decade-old Pittsburgh Mills
- Starkey: Taylor’s type fading away
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Coming off hill revives Seton Hill University, downtown Greensburg
- Fire damages Wilkinsburg home, no injuries reported
- Transportation funding uncertainty impacts planning for Western Pa.