Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Drug enforcement effort in Hampton yields two arrests
- Hotel Monaco creative director: Success with whimsical decor requires open mind
- Pryor scores 28 as Robert Morris takes over 1st place in NEC
- Normally tight-lippped Marshawn Lynch fires back at critics
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Homer-Center eyes school budget with $500K deficit
- Fashion FYI: Exhibit of Mario Epanya’s fashion photos to end in Highland Park
- Apptitude: Groovebook is the little album that could
- E-cigs save lives
- Hax: Friend’s remark about fiance being controlling nags at bride-to-be
- First Draft: Local brewers craft friendships, hash out new recipes