Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Court rules Steelers must pay Okobi workers comp
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Elizabeth Township, McKeesport impacted by ice jam on Youghiogheny River
- PennDOT alerts drivers to numerous road closures due to flooding, debris
- Shania’s first tour in 11 years includes Pittsburgh stop
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- U.S. clears police officer in Ferguson case, criticizes police force