Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
By Nathan Smith
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Roundup: Renovations planned for South Hills Village; Average airfares rising slowly, government reports; more
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder