Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pam Porterfield: Church events, family reunions, benefits abound in Fayette County
- Lower Burrell couple charged with 6 misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty
- Why rock the boat? Seafarer look is timeless and classic this time of year
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- New Kensington dedicates fireworks festivities to longtime coordinator
- LaBar: What’s killing professional wrestling
- Woman accused of prescription scheme
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Tradition rules in Pittsburgh: Keep bridge color the same, poll finds