Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy safety Mitchell is eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- NFL notebook: Vikings coach delivers ultimatum to Peterson
- Knoch secures 1st WPIAL title by defeating defending champion West Allegheny
- Late goal gives Riverhounds victory over Tampa Bay in U.S. Open Cup
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- Stocks bounce back from losses on reassurance from Greece
- Concert business booming at Heinz Field this summer
- High school roundup: Montour edges CV in 9th to earn PIAA berth
- Fossils point to relative of ‘Lucy’ species
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge