Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Warning about cop-killer came moments too late
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD