Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
By Nathan Smith
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript: May 24, 2013
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Police searching for man who tried to lure girl into truck in Homewood
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Seattle-area bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.