Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room