Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- State lawmaker still pushing merger of Pennsylvania Game and Fish commissions
- Autopsy scheduled on Pleasant Hills man, 95, who died following crash
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Pittsburgh crime down overall in 2013 but rapes, homicides increased
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Former Gateway coach Smith is ‘perfect fit’ for Penn State football staff