Trib HS Insider Q&A: Elizabeth Forward's JaQuan Davidson
TribLIVE Sports Videos
JaQuan Davidson has been something of a nomad in his high school career. As a freshman, he started out at West Mifflin and last year he was at McKeesport, but it appears he has found a home at Elizabeth Forward.
The junior quarterback has helped the Warriors to a 3-3 record and has kept them in the hunt for their first postseason berth since 2005.
Q: Did you think when you transferred you would have the kind of impact you've had on the football program?
A: Well, you need to win with teammates, and without them I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing. But I don't look at that. I just have to take one game and then worry about the next one.
Q: Are even you surprised at your numbers?
A: I'm not really surprised at the wins. I am a little at my stats even though last game wasn't so good.
Q: When you look at that last game (a 27-0 loss to West Mifflin), did you think that you could be on the winning sideline if you had stayed?
A: No. No. Really, No.
Q: What has it been like going through the transfer process three times in three years?
A: It's difficult. You have to make new friends and every time it's hard.
Q: What was it like going through the WPIAL to transfer?
A: I thought they had a problem about it. I don't know what to say. I'm just glad to be settled in here, and I'm happy I'm at Elizabeth Forward.
Q: How many colleges are looking at you?
A: I can't say very many. I haven't really been getting a lot of things lately.
Q: Does that surprise you?
A: Yeah it does. It really does. Maybe it's because I'm only in my junior year. I don't know.
Q: Where do you see yourself five years from now?
A: Playing pro football.
Q: Where do you project yourself as a college player?
A: When I played last season at McKeesport, I would see myself as a wide receiver because that's what I played when I was there. But I see myself as a quarterback now. I just have to build up and work hard.
Q: What do you like to do when you're not playing football?
A: I just stay in the house and watch SportsCenter all day.
Q: Is that where you get your moves?
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- McKeesport property deemed ripe for development
- Clairton police present interactive seminar on use of force
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Damaged Marina at McKees Point still slated to open in May
- Don’t think of ‘fake news’ as a modern invention
- Kittanning shelter creating calm haven for interviewing young victims
- Pitt football team working to fatten up QB sack total on defense
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall
- Pennsylvania religious freedom law does not extend to for-profits