FC falls to North Hills
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Fox Chapel silenced the crowd at Martorelli Stadium early Friday evening before North Hills stormed back to claim a 31-7 victory over the Foxes.
FC's Brandon Mitchell ran 80 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter to give the Foxes the lead.
The Indians then used a punishing ground game to take over. North Hills led 17-7 at the half.
Mitchell would end up with 127 yards on 18 carries while North Hills had a pair of runners go over the century mark.
The Foxes (1-5, 1-4) will attempt to get back on the winning track on Friday when they host Baldwin.
The Highlanders are struggling with a 1-5 record and they lost to Woodland Hills, 35-7, last week.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Mistrial declared in fatal shooting
- Secretary hired in Charleroi
- Mitch’s steals Fayette County win over Dunbar
- It’s beginning to sound a lot like summer again on Plum Street
- CLO brings ‘other’ Phantom to town
- Conrad, Phillips share Daily News Softball Coach of Year honors
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Crews working on roads in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Former Pirate speaks at Kiwanis meeting
- Area vice squad on alert
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.