Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Arizona’s Miller gets boost from Char Valley grad’s play
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma