Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012, 10:02 a.m.
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Former Steelers doctor claims agent held gun on him during pat down