Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- FBI, federal marshals join manhunt for survivalist accused of ambushing troopers
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Mandated sewer project to increase Alcosan customers’ bills
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- Police chase ends with shooting in Bell Township
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Penguins’ Johnston eager to open 1st camp
- Nothing fancy for Iowa coach Ferentz
- Video posted online captures Wilkinsburg child’s injuries