Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012, 10:02 a.m.
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April?
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Murrysville woman sues Giant Eagle over burns
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Pirates should exploit free-swinging Brewers
- Penn State has hand in discovery of most Earth-like planet yet
- Rice cornerback among 3 draft prospects to visit Steelers
- Body found on train tracks in West End