Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:02 a.m.
Updated: Friday, October 19, 2012
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Pizza shop owner waives hearing
- Millage reduced, tax bills could go up
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.