Quaker Valley Middle School cross country teams win MAC titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Quaker Valley Middle School boys and girls cross country teams made school history at the MAC championships on Oct. 11, as both teams were crowned team champions.
The boys were led by the tandem of Zach Skolnekovich and Amos Luptak — placing first and second, respectively. Both broke the Brush Creek course record that was set in 1999, with Skolnekovich becoming the new record-holder.
Other top placers for the boys were Desi Durbin, 13th; Zeke Gonzalez, 16th; and Ryan Torbic, 27th. The boys combined team time was the fastest average in Quaker Valley history at the Brush Creek course.
The girls came away with Quaker Valley's combined team record and set the best team average time in the history of the event.
The top five Quaker Valley girls ran the five fastest times in school history. Leading the way was Lucie Kabinski, who finished second overall. Following were Bearett Tarris, fifth; Anna Pawloski, sixth; Annie Luptak, 11th; and Amelia Besterman, 12th.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fatality reported in two-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Unpaid August Wilson creditors seek help from judge
- Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney n’at
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Dunbar woman, toddler in critical condition after high-speed crash
- Vin Diesel showing some love for Pittsburgh and co-star
- LaBar: What the WrestleMania title match should be