High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Crosby says Edmonton would be good spot for prospective top pick McDavid
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Sutter steps up for Penguins in series-tying victory
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Rangers’ Miller matures into productive player
- Starkey: Taylor’s type fading away
- Use of multiple contractors could leave oil, gas operators open to hackers
- Penguins notebook: Johnston says Perron needs to shoot
- Penguins’ Martin a marked man in series with Rangers