High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
By Staff Reports
Published: Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012, 11:48 p.m.
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- Group wants Consol to adhere to terms of Greene County mining permit
- U.S. attorney seeks plan for reducing heroin overdoses
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Nine state universities challenged over athletic opportunites for women
- Penguins rally to escape with a victory in Game 1 against Columbus
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- Bishop Zubik urges Catholics to evangelize
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Falcon band performs at Disney World