High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Defense grows up fast for No. 22 West Virginia
- Mt. Pleasant eliminates Southmoreland, earns home playoff game
- North Allegheny’s defense shuts down North Hills, 31-7
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Penn-Trafford remains unbeaten, shuts out Norwin
- Jeannette rolls past rival Greensburg Central Catholic