High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West