High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- Former Pittsburgh mayoral candidate sentenced to prison for bogus 911 calls
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Opening season away from home may be a good thing, Penguins say
- State closing Zelienople treatment facility after allegations of child sexual abuse
- Pirates notebook: Tempers boil after Arrieta beaned
- Armstrong County Jail warden resigns
- Pirates no match for Cubs, Arrieta in wild-card loss
- McCarthy withdraws candidacy for speaker
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown