High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reports: Steelers trade for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Prisoner mistakenly released from Allegheny County Jail to fight extradition
- Pastor who advocated against removal of Ten Commandments monument dies at Connellsville hospital
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Biden to visit Pittsburgh on Labor Day
- New Kensington police seek shooting suspect
- Rillton man charged in crash that killed fellow firefighter
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Goodell, Brady await judge’s ‘Deflategate’ ruling