High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- As banking goes mobile, branch closures rip through local economy
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- NASA satellite to track water in soil
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Westmoreland museum spotlights artist John Kane’s late-in-life fame
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect