High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- U.S., Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria, Iraq
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Taxes at forefront of 1st Pa. governor debate between Corbett, Wolf
- Identities of theft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Sears leaving Century III after 3 decades in West Mifflin
- Red Wings beat Penguins, 2-1, in preseason opener
- Northeast Pa. residents on edge as search for shooting suspect continues