High school roundup: Kiski Area soccer team tops Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Nelson scored the go-ahead goal with eight minutes to play Saturday afternoon to lift Kiski Area's boys soccer team to a 3-2 nonsection victory over Hampton at Fridley Field.
Dakota Lange and Tyler Young also scored for the Cavaliers (12-2-2), who overcame deficits of 1-0 and 2-1 against the Talbots (9-7) to post their fourth straight victory.
Matt Dziadosz assisted two goals, and Andrew Brock had seven saves in goal for Kiski Area.
Knoch 4, Highlands 0 — The Knights (8-8-1, 8-3) finished their season with a Section 2-AA shutout of the Golden Rams (9-7, 6-5). Bob Larimer scored a pair of goals for Knoch, and goalkeeper Andy Fritz made five saves.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Inching closer to return, Pitt’s Wright could boost defense
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- Arziona’s Miller gets boost from Char Valley grad’s play
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- Two-alarm fire reported in Swissvale
- Stretch of Route 56 to close
- East Allegheny girls basketball team embraces new outlook