Highlanders rally; knock of Foxes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
For the second time this season, the Fox Chapel Foxes had multiple 100-yard rushers but it all went for naught as the visiting Baldwin Highlanders used a fourth-quarter comeback to derail the Foxes on Friday, 27-20.
The Foxes jumped out to a 10-point lead in the first half on a two-yard touchdown run by Carrington Vaughn and a 39-yard Ben Mroz field goal.
Baldwin bounced back to take a 13-10 lead in the third quarter, but the Foxes responded with a four-yard scoring run from Brandon Mitchell and a 32-yard field goal from Mroz.
Entering the fourth quarter, FC held a 20-13 lead.
The Highlanders scored a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to earn the win. The last one came with less than three minutes left.
Fox Chapel (1-6, 1-4) was led by Mitchell's 124 yards rushing and Nigel Garnett's 104. Team wise, the Foxes rushed for 314 yards.
Coach Eric Ravotti's squad will travel to Butler on Friday. Butler beat Hempfield by 23-10 last week.
Butler is 3-4 on the season.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- National Weather Service to evaluate work after missed call on storm
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Leaders mark Auschwitz liberation 70 years on without Putin
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Western Pa. farm markets keep customers coming when nothing’s growing