Highlanders rally; knock of Foxes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
For the second time this season, the Fox Chapel Foxes had multiple 100-yard rushers but it all went for naught as the visiting Baldwin Highlanders used a fourth-quarter comeback to derail the Foxes on Friday, 27-20.
The Foxes jumped out to a 10-point lead in the first half on a two-yard touchdown run by Carrington Vaughn and a 39-yard Ben Mroz field goal.
Baldwin bounced back to take a 13-10 lead in the third quarter, but the Foxes responded with a four-yard scoring run from Brandon Mitchell and a 32-yard field goal from Mroz.
Entering the fourth quarter, FC held a 20-13 lead.
The Highlanders scored a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to earn the win. The last one came with less than three minutes left.
Fox Chapel (1-6, 1-4) was led by Mitchell's 124 yards rushing and Nigel Garnett's 104. Team wise, the Foxes rushed for 314 yards.
Coach Eric Ravotti's squad will travel to Butler on Friday. Butler beat Hempfield by 23-10 last week.
Butler is 3-4 on the season.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Government survey: More teens trying out e-cigarettes than real thing
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Charity helps dozens of McKeesport area children in need get new shoes
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Armstrong contributes to project to replace Kittanning retaining wall
- McKeesport Area student’s Project Christmas expands in 2nd year
- Munhall garbage collection rates to increase
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats