Highlanders rally; knock of Foxes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
For the second time this season, the Fox Chapel Foxes had multiple 100-yard rushers but it all went for naught as the visiting Baldwin Highlanders used a fourth-quarter comeback to derail the Foxes on Friday, 27-20.
The Foxes jumped out to a 10-point lead in the first half on a two-yard touchdown run by Carrington Vaughn and a 39-yard Ben Mroz field goal.
Baldwin bounced back to take a 13-10 lead in the third quarter, but the Foxes responded with a four-yard scoring run from Brandon Mitchell and a 32-yard field goal from Mroz.
Entering the fourth quarter, FC held a 20-13 lead.
The Highlanders scored a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to earn the win. The last one came with less than three minutes left.
Fox Chapel (1-6, 1-4) was led by Mitchell's 124 yards rushing and Nigel Garnett's 104. Team wise, the Foxes rushed for 314 yards.
Coach Eric Ravotti's squad will travel to Butler on Friday. Butler beat Hempfield by 23-10 last week.
Butler is 3-4 on the season.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homestead man wanted on child sex trafficking charges nabbed in Mississippi
- Mother of Wilkinsburg toddler found dead in ravine charged with her murder
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman after raid at home
- Policy to suspend employees with felony charges does not apply to Kane
- Uber lowers fares in Pittsburgh
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- VA clears its Pittsburgh health system of latest Legionnaires’ accusations
- Armstrong families following trend when it comes to pets
- Pittsburgh councilman pushes bill to require paid sick leave for employees
- Two killed when F-16, small plane crash; jet pilot safe
- Derry Township Agricultural Fair to feature debut of Farmers Olympics