Highlanders rally; knock of Foxes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
For the second time this season, the Fox Chapel Foxes had multiple 100-yard rushers but it all went for naught as the visiting Baldwin Highlanders used a fourth-quarter comeback to derail the Foxes on Friday, 27-20.
The Foxes jumped out to a 10-point lead in the first half on a two-yard touchdown run by Carrington Vaughn and a 39-yard Ben Mroz field goal.
Baldwin bounced back to take a 13-10 lead in the third quarter, but the Foxes responded with a four-yard scoring run from Brandon Mitchell and a 32-yard field goal from Mroz.
Entering the fourth quarter, FC held a 20-13 lead.
The Highlanders scored a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to earn the win. The last one came with less than three minutes left.
Fox Chapel (1-6, 1-4) was led by Mitchell's 124 yards rushing and Nigel Garnett's 104. Team wise, the Foxes rushed for 314 yards.
Coach Eric Ravotti's squad will travel to Butler on Friday. Butler beat Hempfield by 23-10 last week.
Butler is 3-4 on the season.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Armstrong County Health Center celebrates decades of care
- Armstrong Junior-Senior High School to receive National Day of Prayer blessing
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Lawyers donate thousands of dollars to Pennsylvania Supreme Court race
- Community Foundations of Westmoreland County, Alleghenies hold joint fundraiser near Jennerstown