Highlanders rally; knock of Foxes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
For the second time this season, the Fox Chapel Foxes had multiple 100-yard rushers but it all went for naught as the visiting Baldwin Highlanders used a fourth-quarter comeback to derail the Foxes on Friday, 27-20.
The Foxes jumped out to a 10-point lead in the first half on a two-yard touchdown run by Carrington Vaughn and a 39-yard Ben Mroz field goal.
Baldwin bounced back to take a 13-10 lead in the third quarter, but the Foxes responded with a four-yard scoring run from Brandon Mitchell and a 32-yard field goal from Mroz.
Entering the fourth quarter, FC held a 20-13 lead.
The Highlanders scored a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to earn the win. The last one came with less than three minutes left.
Fox Chapel (1-6, 1-4) was led by Mitchell's 124 yards rushing and Nigel Garnett's 104. Team wise, the Foxes rushed for 314 yards.
Coach Eric Ravotti's squad will travel to Butler on Friday. Butler beat Hempfield by 23-10 last week.
Butler is 3-4 on the season.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in Northern Arizona University shooting
- Upper St. Clair lifeguard ordered to stand trial for rape of female lifeguard
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution