Highlanders rally; knock of Foxes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
For the second time this season, the Fox Chapel Foxes had multiple 100-yard rushers but it all went for naught as the visiting Baldwin Highlanders used a fourth-quarter comeback to derail the Foxes on Friday, 27-20.
The Foxes jumped out to a 10-point lead in the first half on a two-yard touchdown run by Carrington Vaughn and a 39-yard Ben Mroz field goal.
Baldwin bounced back to take a 13-10 lead in the third quarter, but the Foxes responded with a four-yard scoring run from Brandon Mitchell and a 32-yard field goal from Mroz.
Entering the fourth quarter, FC held a 20-13 lead.
The Highlanders scored a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to earn the win. The last one came with less than three minutes left.
Fox Chapel (1-6, 1-4) was led by Mitchell's 124 yards rushing and Nigel Garnett's 104. Team wise, the Foxes rushed for 314 yards.
Coach Eric Ravotti's squad will travel to Butler on Friday. Butler beat Hempfield by 23-10 last week.
Butler is 3-4 on the season.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- AG Kane’s spokesman leaving after 2 months on the job
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Highmark lays off nearly 100 workers, mostly in IT, as membership declines
- Seton-La Salle girls defeat rival Bishop Canevin to capture 7th WPIAL title
- Podiatrist, 6 others charged in prescription painkiller scheme
- Two charged with selling heroin that killed Lower Burrell woman
- Why would GOP candidate for Missouri governor Schweich kill himself?
- Undercover officers seize more than 2 dozen guns from Oakdale man
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six