Highlanders rally; knock of Foxes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
For the second time this season, the Fox Chapel Foxes had multiple 100-yard rushers but it all went for naught as the visiting Baldwin Highlanders used a fourth-quarter comeback to derail the Foxes on Friday, 27-20.
The Foxes jumped out to a 10-point lead in the first half on a two-yard touchdown run by Carrington Vaughn and a 39-yard Ben Mroz field goal.
Baldwin bounced back to take a 13-10 lead in the third quarter, but the Foxes responded with a four-yard scoring run from Brandon Mitchell and a 32-yard field goal from Mroz.
Entering the fourth quarter, FC held a 20-13 lead.
The Highlanders scored a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to earn the win. The last one came with less than three minutes left.
Fox Chapel (1-6, 1-4) was led by Mitchell's 124 yards rushing and Nigel Garnett's 104. Team wise, the Foxes rushed for 314 yards.
Coach Eric Ravotti's squad will travel to Butler on Friday. Butler beat Hempfield by 23-10 last week.
Butler is 3-4 on the season.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Allegheny County Court judge removes Brentley from City Council primary ballot
- Pa. Supreme Court upholds special prosecutor investigating AG Kane
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 7, Tigers 3
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Monessen police investigating drive-by shooting
- Man awaiting trial for offering drugs to 2 teens found hanged in his Belle Vernon home
- Virginia Tech: Ex-Washington star McKenzie did not violate conduct rules