McDevitt memorial golf outing slated Sunday at Cedarbrook
By Ray Fisher
Published: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 8:55 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The 2012 Chuck and Debbie McDevitt memorial golf outing is set for Sunday at Cedarbrook Golf Course.
Registration begins at 8 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
It is a four-person scramble event, with a cost of $75. Dinner-only costs $35.
There will be a complimentary lunch, and a dinner immediately following golf. There also will be a cash bar.
The Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters are sponsoring this annual event, with half the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society and half to support the Thomas Jefferson boys' golf program.
“It is a special year for us, and I'm very proud of these young golfers,” Sandy Benack, a TJ golf booster, said. “Not many high school booster organizations have a fundraising event and give 50 percent of proceeds to a charity.”
Checks should be made out to Thomas Jefferson Golf Boosters.
For questions or more details, contact Flip or Sandy Benack at 412-655-7086 or email@example.com.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Motorist runs light and hits bus, injuring five, before driving away
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- New spray parks in East Hills and Shadyside opening Saturday
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.