Valley News Dispatch spotlight athletes: Springdale's Joey Wysocki, Springdale's Samantha Terry.
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Claim to fame: Wysocki, a second-year starting goalkeeper for the No. 2 seed Dynamos (14-3), recorded his 10th shutout of the season in Monday's opening-round victory over OLSH.
Do you get nervous at the end of games when a shutout is on the line?
Our team, as a whole, we really like to get shutouts. The offense has to keep the ball away from the other offense, the defense has to stop attackers and I have to stop the shots on goal.
What is the most and fewest number of saves you've ever recorded?
Sixteen's the most, in Monday night's game. I think the fewest was around three.
Who's more nervous in a shootout, the goalie or the shooter?
The shooter. As a goalie, I already know where I'm going. The shooter has to guess where I'm going.
Claim to fame: Terry, a defender, is one of four starting freshmen for Springdale (9-10). What's it like to start as a freshman?
I never really expected to play, and there's a lot of good players on the big team. I was really surprised when I started and I'm just thrilled to be playing.
What has the rivalry with Greensburg CC been like?
I knew they were a really tough team, and that they were a rivalry. The toughness and physicality of those games are a huge difference. I really look forward to playing them again, and doing the best I can.
What do you like most about playing defense?
Mostly, the players with me back there. And I love stopping the other team from scoring, the physical aspect.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Pitt offensive tackle Jones-Smith to miss season
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Newsmaker: Tessa Jimenez
- Penguins sign defensive prospect
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- South Side Slopes police chase ends with car into a front porch
- Defense, pitching power Klingensmith in Daily News League win
- Tradition rules in Pittsburgh: Keep bridge color just way it is, poll finds
- Gov. Wolf vetoes bill to privatize Pennsylvania’s liquor system