Schwartz takes first place
TribLIVE Sports Videos
At the beginning of the Tri-State Invitational, it was Shaler's Brianna Schwartz and three other runners who jumped out to an early lead.
“It was uphill, and it was me (and another runner),” Schwartz said. “I was able to take the lead and went from there.”
Schwartz won the race with a time of 18:10, and has a lot of confidence heading into the WPIAL championship.
“I took a long run last week, and now I will take it easy,” she said. “My coaches told me to stay mentally calm, go in with a clear head and try not to get caught up.”
Other local runners doing well were Hampton's Brian Shileds who took sixth with a time of 16:14 and Vincentian's Ryan Archer, who took seventh with a time of 16:15.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- No franchise tag for Steelers’ Worilds
- 4th suspect in shooting of Homewood security guard surrenders
- Tax on shale-gas drillers would punish industry, Turzai says
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Mark Cuban cast as president in ‘Sharknado 3’