Ringgold-Trinity game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ringgold's Big Nine Conference game against Trinity scheduled for tonight at Joe Montana Stadium has been postponed due a water main break.
Ringgold Athletic Director Ron McMichael said this afternoon that there is no water available at the school or the stadium, making it impossible to play the game.
McMichael said that plans are now to play the game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ringgold.
The game has playoff implications in that Trinity must win to qualify for the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
If Ringgold (4-4, 4-3) beats Trinity (4-4, 4-3) and Belle Vernon Area (3-5, 3-4) beats Albert Gallatin (0-8, 0-7), then BVA will make the playoffs and Trinity will hope to get a wild card berth.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- AG Kane’s spokesman leaving after 2 months on the job
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Two charged with selling heroin that killed Lower Burrell woman
- Highmark lays off nearly 100 workers, mostly in IT, as membership declines
- Undercover officers seize more than 2 dozen guns from Oakdale man
- Uniontown podiatrist, 6 others charged in prescription painkiller scheme
- Seton-La Salle girls defeat rival Bishop Canevin to capture 7th WPIAL title
- Why would GOP candidate for Missouri governor Schweich kill himself?
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six