Ringgold-Trinity game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ringgold's Big Nine Conference game against Trinity scheduled for tonight at Joe Montana Stadium has been postponed due a water main break.
Ringgold Athletic Director Ron McMichael said this afternoon that there is no water available at the school or the stadium, making it impossible to play the game.
McMichael said that plans are now to play the game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ringgold.
The game has playoff implications in that Trinity must win to qualify for the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
If Ringgold (4-4, 4-3) beats Trinity (4-4, 4-3) and Belle Vernon Area (3-5, 3-4) beats Albert Gallatin (0-8, 0-7), then BVA will make the playoffs and Trinity will hope to get a wild card berth.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Christian day camp in Somerset County sued over sexual assault
- Kittanning’s Bowers changes commitment from Pitt to Penn State
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci commits to Pitt
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Loaded handgun found at Pittsburgh airport
- Woman who drove police car while handcuffed to stand trial
- Arnold man pleads to drug, money laundering charges
- Islamic State forces chased from Syrian Kurdish city
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- U.S. Steel warns it may lay off almost 2,000 workers in Alabama, Texas
- Hillview Street in Overbrook to be closed until Feb. 9