Fox Chapel volleyball blanks Upper St. Clair
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel girls volleyball coach Sara D'Angelo showed she's comfortable with the excitement surrounding her program Wednesday when she agreed to pose for a picture surrounded by the Lady Foxes' liveliest — and in some cases, awkwardly dressed — male fans.
The fun continues for D'Angelo and No. 3 Fox Chapel (15-3), which earned a spot in the WPIAL Class AAA semifinals with a 3-0 win over No. 11 Upper St. Clair (10-4) at North Allegheny.
Fox Chapel, which D'Angelo believes is making its first-ever semifinal berth, will play No. 2 North Allegheny on Thursday at Chartiers Valley.
“The task ahead is not easy,” she said.
Allyson Hess (24 assists, 4 aces) and Megan Hollingsworth (6 kills, 13 digs, 3 aces) led the Lady Foxes' offense. Sarah Bradley had 10 kills, and Riley Hermann added seven.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- S. Carolina man wanted by Shaler police arrested
- Constables accused of unprofessional conduct held for court
- Penn State president: Freeh acted like prosecutor in review
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Stocks lose footing on Fed statement
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Continental targets early 2016 for North Shore apartments, parking garage
- Cuba lays out list of demands for improved relations
- Leader of Venezuelan congress denies bodyguard’s allegations
- Washington County man convicted of domestic assaults
- NHL notebook: Bruins place veteran forward Gagne on waivers