Fox Chapel volleyball blanks Upper St. Clair
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel girls volleyball coach Sara D'Angelo showed she's comfortable with the excitement surrounding her program Wednesday when she agreed to pose for a picture surrounded by the Lady Foxes' liveliest — and in some cases, awkwardly dressed — male fans.
The fun continues for D'Angelo and No. 3 Fox Chapel (15-3), which earned a spot in the WPIAL Class AAA semifinals with a 3-0 win over No. 11 Upper St. Clair (10-4) at North Allegheny.
Fox Chapel, which D'Angelo believes is making its first-ever semifinal berth, will play No. 2 North Allegheny on Thursday at Chartiers Valley.
“The task ahead is not easy,” she said.
Allyson Hess (24 assists, 4 aces) and Megan Hollingsworth (6 kills, 13 digs, 3 aces) led the Lady Foxes' offense. Sarah Bradley had 10 kills, and Riley Hermann added seven.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion