Fox Chapel volleyball blanks Upper St. Clair
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel girls volleyball coach Sara D'Angelo showed she's comfortable with the excitement surrounding her program Wednesday when she agreed to pose for a picture surrounded by the Lady Foxes' liveliest — and in some cases, awkwardly dressed — male fans.
The fun continues for D'Angelo and No. 3 Fox Chapel (15-3), which earned a spot in the WPIAL Class AAA semifinals with a 3-0 win over No. 11 Upper St. Clair (10-4) at North Allegheny.
Fox Chapel, which D'Angelo believes is making its first-ever semifinal berth, will play No. 2 North Allegheny on Thursday at Chartiers Valley.
“The task ahead is not easy,” she said.
Allyson Hess (24 assists, 4 aces) and Megan Hollingsworth (6 kills, 13 digs, 3 aces) led the Lady Foxes' offense. Sarah Bradley had 10 kills, and Riley Hermann added seven.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Worker at Mercer County center accused of illegal sexual contact with juveniles
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- French van driver carries out 3rd attack in 3 days
- Federal appeals court upholds ban on N.C. abortion law
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win