Fox Chapel volleyball blanks Upper St. Clair
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel girls volleyball coach Sara D'Angelo showed she's comfortable with the excitement surrounding her program Wednesday when she agreed to pose for a picture surrounded by the Lady Foxes' liveliest — and in some cases, awkwardly dressed — male fans.
The fun continues for D'Angelo and No. 3 Fox Chapel (15-3), which earned a spot in the WPIAL Class AAA semifinals with a 3-0 win over No. 11 Upper St. Clair (10-4) at North Allegheny.
Fox Chapel, which D'Angelo believes is making its first-ever semifinal berth, will play No. 2 North Allegheny on Thursday at Chartiers Valley.
“The task ahead is not easy,” she said.
Allyson Hess (24 assists, 4 aces) and Megan Hollingsworth (6 kills, 13 digs, 3 aces) led the Lady Foxes' offense. Sarah Bradley had 10 kills, and Riley Hermann added seven.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Fleury’s demeanor helps keep Penguins loose, him playing his best
- How the Pirates put together another postseason contender
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error
- NL wild-card game notebook: Pirates understand hype surrounding Cubs
- Penguins make moves in advance of roster deadline
- War party targets Putin & Assad
- Experience, familiarity giving Canevin girls soccer a boost