Chartiers Valley football coach resigns
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chris Saluga, who brought respectability to the Chartiers Valley football program, has resigned after 12 seasons as the Colts' head coach.
After inheriting a program that was 44-102-3 between 1986 and 2000, Saluga, whose 60 victories are the most in a career by a Chartiers Valley coach, led the Colts to eight WPIAL playoff appearances in the past 10 seasons and the school's first-ever postseason victory in 2005.
Chartiers Valley (2-6 overall, 1-6 Parkway Conference) is out of contention for the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs this season. Saluga's resignation is effective after tonight's home game against West Allegheny.
“Although I believe that the program could have done more during my leadership, I am proud of what CV Football accomplished,” Saluga wrote in his resignation letter to athletic director Frank Vulcano.
“I love Chartiers Valley and am forever loyal to the players, coaches, administrators, and residents who helped me realize my lifelong dream of coaching high school football. I am blessed to have served in this capacity and proud of the program's accomplishments and the young men who have played here. The challenges, relationships, and memories have enriched my life. I will handle any necessary duties to provide a smooth transition for the next coach.”
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Former Pittsburgh mayoral candidate sentenced to prison for bogus 911 calls
- Opening season away from home may be a good thing, Penguins say
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- State closing Zelienople treatment facility after allegations of child sexual abuse
- Armstrong County Jail warden resigns
- Pirates notebook: Tempers boil after Arrieta beaned
- McCarthy withdraws candidacy for speaker
- Penguins are hoping their days of drama are finally behind them