Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Nimble Regal ready for winter with all-wheel drive
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at Colorado Planned Parenthood
- Town Talk: South Fayette couple welcomes a boy to the family
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers
- $170.4M AmEx charge yields whopping perk for Chinese billionaire
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison