Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Overnight snow delaying schools in western Pennsylvania
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Hotel Monaco creative director: Whimsical decor requires open mind
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline