Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Attorney General Holder, Justice Department target bias against transgender employees
- Federal injunction stops Arizona from enforcing policy of denying driver’s licenses to young immigrants
- NHL notebook: Jets acquire defenseman Harrison from Hurricanes
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Canadian woman who helped ducks gets prison in fatal crash
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph considered hot coaching commodity
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Stock market makes biggest gain in 3 years