Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Pittsburgh police officer hurt in motorcycle crash
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Twelve selected for jury in Ferrante trial
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- Butler Township moves to block drilling in residential areas
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- French oil CEO killed when private jet collides with snowplow during takeoff in Moscow
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students