High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Woodland Hills product Miles undergoes emergency surgery
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Some in Western Pa. affected by Staples data breach
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral