High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Scots reject independence from United Kingdom in historic vote
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- It’s not a small world after all: Global population estimated to soar
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Google grants teachers’ school supply wishes
- Sutersville principal’s comments taken out of context, district claims
- 2 New Kensington buildings burn downtown
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Pirates hold on to beat Red Sox, complete 3-game sweep at PNC
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Pitt star running back Conner adjusting to higher profile this year