Sandy pushes back soccer playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hurricane Sandy forced the WPIAL push back all of its various playoff contests scheduled for Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday.
That means that Belle Vernon Area's boys' and girls' soccer teams will meet Mars in respective WPIAL semifinal soccer contests on Wednesday, instead of tonight.
The games will still be played at Gateway with the Lady Leps (17-2-1) taking on Mars (17-1-1) at 6 p.m., with the Leps (4-3) playing Mars (17-2-1) in the nightcap at 8 p.m.
The WPIAL also noted that if the inclement weather from the hurricane does not let up by then, the games could possibly be pushed back to Thursday.
The WPIAL championship and consolation contests are still scheduled to be played on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- East Allegheny officials discuss cost savings, turf’s status at workshop meeting
- Kittanning Dance-a-Thon to help boy’s family
- Kittanning to buy new squad car
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Carnegie Mellon expert to school Congress on security
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Oakland firm Qualaris Healthcare’s software saves time in hospitals
- Reputed major heroin trafficker in Westmoreland County pleads guilty, gets prison sentence
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities