Sandy pushes back soccer playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hurricane Sandy forced the WPIAL push back all of its various playoff contests scheduled for Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday.
That means that Belle Vernon Area's boys' and girls' soccer teams will meet Mars in respective WPIAL semifinal soccer contests on Wednesday, instead of tonight.
The games will still be played at Gateway with the Lady Leps (17-2-1) taking on Mars (17-1-1) at 6 p.m., with the Leps (4-3) playing Mars (17-2-1) in the nightcap at 8 p.m.
The WPIAL also noted that if the inclement weather from the hurricane does not let up by then, the games could possibly be pushed back to Thursday.
The WPIAL championship and consolation contests are still scheduled to be played on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Troopers shoot person inside Somerset grocery store
- New Kensington Megan’s Law offender jailed on new child porn charges
- Allegheny County inmate dies at hospital
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Police confiscate heroin, phones, cash in North Versailles bust
- Murray Energy expects to lay off as many as 1,800 more
- Natrona Heights native helped bring ‘American Ninja Warrior’ to Pittsburgh
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained