Sandy pushes back soccer playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hurricane Sandy forced the WPIAL push back all of its various playoff contests scheduled for Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday.
That means that Belle Vernon Area's boys' and girls' soccer teams will meet Mars in respective WPIAL semifinal soccer contests on Wednesday, instead of tonight.
The games will still be played at Gateway with the Lady Leps (17-2-1) taking on Mars (17-1-1) at 6 p.m., with the Leps (4-3) playing Mars (17-2-1) in the nightcap at 8 p.m.
The WPIAL also noted that if the inclement weather from the hurricane does not let up by then, the games could possibly be pushed back to Thursday.
The WPIAL championship and consolation contests are still scheduled to be played on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Schools closed after state police ambush suspect reportedly sighted nearby
- Pitt executive vice chancellor to retire in December
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste
- Discipline Pitt’s only option against Georgia Tech