Sandy pushes back soccer playoffs
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Hurricane Sandy forced the WPIAL push back all of its various playoff contests scheduled for Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday.
That means that Belle Vernon Area's boys' and girls' soccer teams will meet Mars in respective WPIAL semifinal soccer contests on Wednesday, instead of tonight.
The games will still be played at Gateway with the Lady Leps (17-2-1) taking on Mars (17-1-1) at 6 p.m., with the Leps (4-3) playing Mars (17-2-1) in the nightcap at 8 p.m.
The WPIAL also noted that if the inclement weather from the hurricane does not let up by then, the games could possibly be pushed back to Thursday.
The WPIAL championship and consolation contests are still scheduled to be played on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Latrobe woman texts searchers in Linn Run State Park to tell them she’s OK
- Portersville man charged with homicide of Harmony man
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers
- RiverQuest short of money, looks for a partner
- Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
- Survivors in critical condition a day after fifth Armstrong County car crash victim dies
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- Former Mystic Inn burns in Republic, Fayette County