Sandy pushes back soccer playoffs
Published: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Hurricane Sandy forced the WPIAL push back all of its various playoff contests scheduled for Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday.
That means that Belle Vernon Area's boys' and girls' soccer teams will meet Mars in respective WPIAL semifinal soccer contests on Wednesday, instead of tonight.
The games will still be played at Gateway with the Lady Leps (17-2-1) taking on Mars (17-1-1) at 6 p.m., with the Leps (4-3) playing Mars (17-2-1) in the nightcap at 8 p.m.
The WPIAL also noted that if the inclement weather from the hurricane does not let up by then, the games could possibly be pushed back to Thursday.
The WPIAL championship and consolation contests are still scheduled to be played on Saturday.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Pirates minor league notebook: Former 5th-round pick Glasnow shining in rotation
- Outdoor notices: May 19, 2013
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Powerball officials: 80 percent of number combinations picked
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.