Sandy pushes back soccer playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hurricane Sandy forced the WPIAL push back all of its various playoff contests scheduled for Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday.
That means that Belle Vernon Area's boys' and girls' soccer teams will meet Mars in respective WPIAL semifinal soccer contests on Wednesday, instead of tonight.
The games will still be played at Gateway with the Lady Leps (17-2-1) taking on Mars (17-1-1) at 6 p.m., with the Leps (4-3) playing Mars (17-2-1) in the nightcap at 8 p.m.
The WPIAL also noted that if the inclement weather from the hurricane does not let up by then, the games could possibly be pushed back to Thursday.
The WPIAL championship and consolation contests are still scheduled to be played on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Thanksgiving is special to the blessed
- Ferguson protesters march on Pittsburgh streets
- IUP student dies from injuries after he was pinned beneath car
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham