Sandy pushes back soccer playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hurricane Sandy forced the WPIAL push back all of its various playoff contests scheduled for Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday.
That means that Belle Vernon Area's boys' and girls' soccer teams will meet Mars in respective WPIAL semifinal soccer contests on Wednesday, instead of tonight.
The games will still be played at Gateway with the Lady Leps (17-2-1) taking on Mars (17-1-1) at 6 p.m., with the Leps (4-3) playing Mars (17-2-1) in the nightcap at 8 p.m.
The WPIAL also noted that if the inclement weather from the hurricane does not let up by then, the games could possibly be pushed back to Thursday.
The WPIAL championship and consolation contests are still scheduled to be played on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Georgia Tech runs all over mistake-prone Pitt
- Kobani emerges as pivot point
- Predators GM Poile: Penguins’ firing of Shero not fair
- NFL notebook: Bucs DT McCoy signs 7-year, $98M deal
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Fay-West food banks feeling hunger pains
- Motorcyclist flown to Pittsburgh hospital from Tarentum wreck
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Masontown bakery owner hopes for recipe for success
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire