Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
Published: Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 1, 2012
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript: May 24, 2013
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Police: Former Bethel Park PTO president spent stolen money on ‘stupid stuff’
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Friday’s high of 51 was lowest ever for May 24
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Allegheny County Councilman Drozd leaves GOP, alleges dirty politics
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.