Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Wilkinsburg man killed in his apartment
- Chartiers Valley displays shooting touch in blowout win over USC
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Pittsburgh to consider measure to give city employees 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Panthers drop heartbreaker in overtime to Virginia Tech