Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Focused on defense, Pirates start Rodriguez at first base for wild-card game
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- House defeats governor’s tax plan
- Authorities identify man whose body was pulled from Monongahela River
- Pittsburgh considering legislation to ban drone activity from city parks, playgrounds
- WVU All-American Joeseph out for season with knee injury
- Sky’s not the limit: Pirate Parrot takes trip into Earth’s atmosphere
- 24-year-old man shot in the back in Mt. Oliver
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Parkway West, Fort Pitt Tunnel closures planned again this weekend
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error