Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in North Point Breeze
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Turkey releases recording of warnings to Russian plane