Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CMU water service to be interrupted for much of Sunday
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world in Holdzkom
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- Play to watch: Inside zone read slant/bubble
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again