Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates past Mets
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Vietnam veterans recall their service — and those who didn’t make it home
- Montoya passes Power on final lap to win Indy 500
- Outdoor notices: May 25, 2015
- War memories remain strong for 94-year-old Manorville veteran
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Connellsville board set to tackle budget
- His memories of WWII are more than ‘Slightly Dangerous’
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream