Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Parent finds body in parking lot of Stanton Heights elementary school, prompting lockdown
- Son charged in dismemberment death of Penn Hills couple
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Penguins testing Fleury, Maatta, Bortuzzo for mumps
- Braddock man admits to role in drug ring
- Ex-Pittsburgh mayoral candidate back in jail
- Squirrel Hill lawyer suspended from practicing until September
- Pitt coach Chryst expected to take Wisconsin job
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Audit: Finances put future of Philly’s historic Cheyney University in doubt
- Pa. attorney general charges 10 in ‘massive fraud, kickback scheme’ at PennDOT