Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Man wanted in fatal state trooper ambush captured
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Building collapses in Connellsville; mounds of debris land in street
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Southmoreland cross country trio chasing solid finishes
- Defense witness testifies on video, absent jurors, of cyanide alternatives
- U.S. Rep Kelly tells Pittsburgh VA official taking over VA Erie top post of need for transparency
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Mylan’s 3Q profit triples on strong U.S. sales
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite