Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty