Penn-Trafford field hockey reaches final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team reached its second straight WPIAL Class AAA final last week with a 3-2, double-overtime win at Peters Township on Oct. 23.
The Warriors (14-3-1), the defending WPIAL champions, were scheduled to face Fox Chapel in the WPIAL final on Wednesday, after this edition's deadline.
Amanda Steffey scored the game-winning goal on the counter-attack, 40 seconds into the second overtime, on an assist by Isabel Siergiej.
Steffey also had the game's first goal on an assist from Sydney Pribanic, and the two traded roles when Pribanic scored P-T's second goal.
Christian Schratz scored both goals for Peters Township.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- 1 killed, several hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- Bush Center displays rare Honus Wagner baseball card
- Plum officials reassess equipment policy after sexual assault case
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8
- Indonesia plane crash death toll 141 as search effort ends
- Pittsburgh police solve fewer homicides