Ex-Hampton soccer standout Schaffer up for national award
College Football Videos
Hampton graduate Mallory Schaffer is a senior at William and Mary, has a 3.67 grade-point average and is working toward her biology degree. She also is a star on the women's soccer team.
For her efforts, Schaffer is one of 10 finalists for the Lowe's Senior Class Award, which is presented to the outstanding senior NCAA Division I student-athlete of the year across the nation in all sports.
To cast a vote for Schaffer, log on to tribeathletics.com and click on women's sports and find the soccer tab. Fans may cast up to one vote per day until Nov. 19.
The winner will be announced at the Women's College Cup championship on Nov. 30-Dec. 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension vacated
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- Website ranks Hampton among nation’s top schools
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Police still looking for man suspected of robbing 2 people at knifepoint in Ambridge
- Aspinwall business adds color to holiday spirit
- Ex-House Democratic leader DeWeese seeks new trial
- Northern Cambria man accused of attempted rape
- Washington Co. couple sues Range Resources over drilling, water