Ex-Hampton soccer standout Schaffer up for national award
Hampton graduate Mallory Schaffer is a senior at William and Mary, has a 3.67 grade-point average and is working toward her biology degree. She also is a star on the women's soccer team.
For her efforts, Schaffer is one of 10 finalists for the Lowe's Senior Class Award, which is presented to the outstanding senior NCAA Division I student-athlete of the year across the nation in all sports.
To cast a vote for Schaffer, log on to tribeathletics.com and click on women's sports and find the soccer tab. Fans may cast up to one vote per day until Nov. 19.
The winner will be announced at the Women's College Cup championship on Nov. 30-Dec. 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Dodgers rough up rusty starter Volquez, knock off Pirates at PNC Park
- ACC notebook: Pitt predicted to finish 6th in Coastal Division
- Tarentum Council will auction railway station