Ex-Hampton soccer standout Schaffer up for national award
By Staff Reports
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Hampton graduate Mallory Schaffer is a senior at William and Mary, has a 3.67 grade-point average and is working toward her biology degree. She also is a star on the women's soccer team.
For her efforts, Schaffer is one of 10 finalists for the Lowe's Senior Class Award, which is presented to the outstanding senior NCAA Division I student-athlete of the year across the nation in all sports.
To cast a vote for Schaffer, log on to tribeathletics.com and click on women's sports and find the soccer tab. Fans may cast up to one vote per day until Nov. 19.
The winner will be announced at the Women's College Cup championship on Nov. 30-Dec. 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Malkin, Crosby
- Norwin volleyball using fast-paced offense to offset lack of height at hitting positions
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Architecture photos show difference between drama, fact
- Community group to preserve Dravosburg cemetery’s history
- ‘Common knowledge’ about slot machines often wrong
- Just-acquired tract eyed as commercial site