Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Roundup: PUC schedules hearings for FirstEnergy rate increase; New-home sales almost flat in September; more
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings
- Serra Catholic snaps 28-game losing streak with 38-36 victory over Wilkinsburg
- Connellsville reaches playoff despite blowout loss
- Kittanning routs Ford City in rivalry’s final game
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Clairton runs past Leechburg for PIAA record
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- BVA enters playoffs with 3 straight wins
- Charleroi can’t overcome 28-0 hole