Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
By Matt Grubba
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Serra Catholic High School friary to house foreign students
- McKeesport student to celebrate Jackie Robinson’s legacy
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April?
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Penn State has hand in discovery of most Earth-like planet yet
- Murrysville woman sues Giant Eagle over burns
- Pirates notebook: Tabata OK’d to return to play
- Vocal resident banned from all Baldwin-Whitehall district property