Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Fans sporting black and gold show up for Steelers game in Charlotte
- East Hills shooting victim found in Wilkinsburg
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Penn State notebook: Backup QB Crook acquits himself well in debut
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- Officials say too many in the 18-64 age range skip flu vaccination
- MLB notebook: Braves GM Wren faces uncertain future
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Police say rifle carried by suspect in state trooper ambush found