Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Air Algerie plane with 116 disappears from radar in Africa
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- EQT posts $110.9 million profit in latest quarter
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Rising number of health care workers have less than 4-year degree, study shows