Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Police question resident in Latrobe apartment house fire
- Pirates win 5th straight as offense continues to click in win over Marlins
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Soccer officials arrested in Zurich; World Cup votes probed
- Pittsburgh shortens the party for Chesney fans
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Duquesne University to raise minimum wage floor