Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Quarantine fears jeopardize volunteer work in Ebola-stricken West Africa
- Penn State renews ‘rivalry’ with Big Ten foe Maryland
- Young leads Pitt’s new-look lineup past IUP in exhibition opener
- Peters Township boys top USC to win back-to-back WPIAL Class AAA titles
- Woodland Hills’ potent rushing attack deflates North Hills, 41-2
- Mt. Pleasant steamrolls Shady Side Academy, 38-0
- West Allegheny’s stout defense paves way for 38-0 victory over Knoch
- Penguins GM Rutherford: Malkin’s play belies fact he missed training camp
- Steelers defense takes aim at Ravens QB Flacco
- Pedestrian killed in Beaver County
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end