Penn-Trafford and Jeannette alums battle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sometimes even grown-ups like to play in the mud.
Former football players from Penn-Trafford and Jeannette got together in heavy rain to face off in an alumni football game at Jeannette's McKee Stadium on Oct. 27.
The Jayhawks got the win, 30-19, in the game staged with the help of Alumni Football USA, a company that specializes in staging games such as the one last month, with players in full pads playing full-contact football.
The rosters for the two teams featured players young and old. P-T's youngest was Joe Fiasco, who this time last fall was in uniform for the actual Warriors, while the team's oldest participant was Class of 1986 grad Travis Mayer.
The Jayhawks did P-T one decade better in that department, as 1975 grad Rick Pitzer made an appearance on the line.
The rain did little to keep away a decent crowd for a Saturday night, as more than 200 fans showed up to cheer on their schools' alumni.
Video highlights from the game and more information on Alumni Football USA can be found at www.alumnifootballusa.com.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Musky program achieves new standards
- McCandless site set for Wal-Mart supercenter store
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Link to Sept. 11 motivated new chief of nonprofit Friends of Flight 93
- Lawmakers press Veterans Affairs for improved access to rural health care
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Deadly bacteria release spurs concern at Louisiana lab
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Volunteer potters lend time for Empty Bowls Dinner fundraiser