Peters Township girls soccer team advances to state finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Veronica Latsko scored her 36th and 37th goals of the season for Peters Township in a 5-0 victory over Wilson on Tuesday night in the PIAA Class AAA semifinals at Chambersburg.
Olivia Roberson scored 13 minutes into the contest as the Indians earned their fourth trip to the PIAA championship game in five years.
Laurel Carpenter and Alexis Alavi also scored for Peters Township (22-1).
The Indians will play Cumberland Valley in the title game at 4 p.m. Saturday at Hersheypark Stadium.
Moon 6, Mercyhurst Prep 1 — Antonio Grese's hat trick led Moon to victory in the PIAA Class AA semifinals at Franklin High School. Chelsea Leipold put Moon ahead, 1-0, and Mercyhurst scored to tie it. But the Tigers (23-2) scored five unanswered goals.
Moon will play will play District 12 champion Archbishop Wood in the state title game at 11 a.m. Saturday at Hersheypark Stadium.
Upper St. Clair 1, Delaware Valley 0 — Kevin Muck scored the lone goal 10 minutes into the game, and Upper St. Clair (21-2-1) held on to defeat District 2 champion Delaware Valley in the Class AAA semifinals at Central Mountain.
The Panthers will play Wilson in the championship game at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Hersheypark Stadium.
Sewickley Academy 3, Biglerville 0 — Anthony Stinson and J.P. Bowell scored first-half goals as Sewickley Academy (21-1-1) blanked Biglerville in the PIAA Class A semifinals at Hollidaysburg. Sewickley Academy will play District 2 champion Mountain View for the state title at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Hersheypark Stadium.
Hempfield (District 3) 3, North Allegheny 1 — District 3 champion Hempfield won by scores of 25-19, 25-20, 21-25 and 25-23 to eliminate North Allegheny from the PIAA Class AAA semifinals at Altoona.
Fort LeBoeuf 3, Mars 2 — Mars saw its season come to an end in the PIAA Class AA semifinals at Slippery Rock. The Planets dropped the fourth game, 25-13 and the fifth, 15-3.
Clarion 3, Greensburg C.C. 2 — The Centurions lost a two-set lead and were eliminated from the PIAA Class A playoffs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- State trooper fatally shot during training exercise
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- NK grocery store robbed
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Gorman: Lincoln Park charade over