Ex-Hampton soccer standout Schaffer up for national award
College Football Videos
Hampton graduate Mallory Schaffer is a senior at William and Mary, has a 3.67 grade-point average and is working toward her biology degree. She also is a star on the women's soccer team.
For her efforts, Schaffer is one of 10 finalists for the Lowe's Senior Class Award, which is presented to the outstanding senior NCAA Division I student-athlete of the year across the nation in all sports.
To cast a vote for Schaffer, log on to tribeathletics.com and click on women's sports and find the soccer tab. Fans may cast up to one vote per day until Nov. 19.
The winner will be announced at the Women's College Cup championship on Nov. 30-Dec. 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Officials dissent on whether offices can prohibit, charge to photograph public record documents
- WVU frat pledge had fatal blood alcohol level more than 6 times above state legal limit
- Crosby understands rule prohibiting him from playing, stresses he is hurt
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- Supporters optimistic about passage of medical marijuana
- Allegheny County assistant public defender charged for allegedly lying to court staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores gets house arrest for tax evasion