Frazier hockey team beats Ringgold
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brian Gregg and Nicholas Farrell each scored two goals and Edward Kibe added a goal and two assists as the Frazier hockey team beat Ringgold, 7-1, in PIHL Open Division action on Monday.
Dean Corsaro posted three assists, and Rodney Douglass added two assists for the Commodores (2-4). Robert McClure and Tyler Ulm each scored a goal, and Cullen McGinnis added an assist. Sean Bednar made 38 saves to secure the win.
Carrick 9, Connellsville 2 — Anthony Manuel recorded two goals and six assists, and Jacob Shrader notched three goals and two assists as Carrick (2-4) earned a PIHL Open Division win over Connellsville. Jacob Mendoza tallied two goals and an assist. Cody Deresh made 12 saves to earn the win.
Cody Grimm and Jonathan Herchko each scored a goal for the Falcons (0-4). Jacob Miller and Sam Wiatrak each had an assist. Thomas Clark made 41 saves for Connellsville.
Point Park University 107, Penn State Fayette 61 — David Winns scored 15 points, and Brandon Cunningham added 14 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-3) dropped a non-conference game to Point Park University at CCAC-South.
Asa Braxton tallied 22 points to lead Point Park University (4-1). Josh Arnold scored 19 points and added 11 rebounds, and Babatunde Somoye connected for 14 points and 12 rebounds. T.J. Heatherington and Gabe McNeal each scored 12 points, and Rob Heatherington added 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Unpaid August Wilson creditors seek help from judge