Frazier hockey team beats Ringgold
By Staff Reports
Published: Monday, Nov. 19, 2012, 11:12 p.m.
Brian Gregg and Nicholas Farrell each scored two goals and Edward Kibe added a goal and two assists as the Frazier hockey team beat Ringgold, 7-1, in PIHL Open Division action on Monday.
Dean Corsaro posted three assists, and Rodney Douglass added two assists for the Commodores (2-4). Robert McClure and Tyler Ulm each scored a goal, and Cullen McGinnis added an assist. Sean Bednar made 38 saves to secure the win.
Carrick 9, Connellsville 2 — Anthony Manuel recorded two goals and six assists, and Jacob Shrader notched three goals and two assists as Carrick (2-4) earned a PIHL Open Division win over Connellsville. Jacob Mendoza tallied two goals and an assist. Cody Deresh made 12 saves to earn the win.
Cody Grimm and Jonathan Herchko each scored a goal for the Falcons (0-4). Jacob Miller and Sam Wiatrak each had an assist. Thomas Clark made 41 saves for Connellsville.
Point Park University 107, Penn State Fayette 61 — David Winns scored 15 points, and Brandon Cunningham added 14 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-3) dropped a non-conference game to Point Park University at CCAC-South.
Asa Braxton tallied 22 points to lead Point Park University (4-1). Josh Arnold scored 19 points and added 11 rebounds, and Babatunde Somoye connected for 14 points and 12 rebounds. T.J. Heatherington and Gabe McNeal each scored 12 points, and Rob Heatherington added 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Roundup: Renovations planned for South Hills Village; Average airfares rising slowly, government reports; more
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry