Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
By Leader Times
Published: Monday, Nov. 19, 2012, 11:50 p.m.
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- Pair of Braun homers spells defeat for Pirates
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- NFL notebook: Pryor will be cut if he’s not traded
- Biertempfel: Kendall’s book offers inside look at life in majors
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Patients denied as donor organs discarded