Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- McKeesport Area teacher among winners at group’s inaugural Champions of Learning awards dinner
- Researchers uncover details to help get GOP candidates elected
- McKeesport Area student’s prize-winning song about brother helps heal family tragedy’s wounds
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- New Castle-area racino remains in limbo
- Program details women’s work in Mon-Yough area mills during World War II