Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers activate Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Richard Schweiker dies at 89
- Large crowd mourns woman allegedly killed by escapee
- Broken water main creates sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Pittsburgh Police looking for dark blue BMW that hit cyclist in East Liberty
- City Council approves ordinance requiring paid sick leave
- Heroin, marijuana found in car, driver arrested
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Actress Dushku displaced from Pittsburgh hotel by One Direction