Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- John Nash, wife, ‘A Beautiful Mind’ inspiration, die in N.J. taxi crash
- Man shot while driving through Liberty Tunnel
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Rossi: Days off are when Pirates’ starters begin winning formula