Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates defeat Braves, 3-2, clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Allenport woman fatally shot outside residence
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Rossi: Harrison can lead by talking about past
- Pirates beat Braves, clinch 2nd straight trip to postseason
- Bad arguments for good policy
- Gorman: Resigned to football fate
- Steelers’ Tomlin says practice will determine OLB Harrison’s role
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery