Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- Icy roads causing multiple accidents Sunday evening