Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Linemen commit to PSU, boosting Franklin’s recruiting class
- Vets study links PB pills, genetic variations to Gulf War illness
- 1 of 2 killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Spokesman: Secret Service recovers ‘device’ at White House
- Central Catholic’s Petrishen says he enjoys hectic recruiting process