Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Virginia county hears arguments on proposed smoking ban
- City, Jordan Miles continue fight over legal costs
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- MSA Safety posts drop in profit
- Truck crashes into Dairy Queen, five injured in Penn Hills
- Scientists: Earth in midst of 6th ‘mass extinction’
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Fishing report: Pymatuning walleye fishing remains tough
- Poverty programs would be merged
- White House, senators close on bill to end NSA spying
- Beaver DA believes girls might have lived had dad responded faster