Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
By Leader Times
Published: Monday, November 19, 2012, 11:50 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
- Tunisian security blocks radical Islamists’ conference
- Senators notebook: Big cheers for little hero Pageau
- 2 men arrested in killing of teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- North Korea fires projectile into eastern waters, 4th test in 2 days
- Pakistan repeats vote despite killing
- Officer shot in Boston showdown wants to work
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Scandals intrude on Massachusetts race
- Israel favors interim deal with Palestinians
- No injuries reported as twisters hit Kansas homes
- Stay out of Conn., governor pleads, saying commute to be snarled for week
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.