Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Armstrong County Health Center celebrates decades of care
- Armstrong Junior-Senior High School to receive National Day of Prayer blessing
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Lawyers donate thousands of dollars to Pennsylvania Supreme Court race
- Veterans charity to receive funds
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Pittsburgh Rock ’n’ Roll Legends Awards, Hard Rock Cafe