Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Touchstone program forges Frazier grad’s interest in art
- Farmington arts center dedicates glass studio
- Scout’s spruce-up of Masontown church nets Eagle award
- Storyteller brings ghost tales to Rostraver library event
- Zombie Stomp to take over streets of Finleyville
- Tours of Nemacolin Castle in Brownsville offer history, ghost stories
- Runner, skaters race to benefit Donora Smog Museum
- Review: In Edwidge Danticat’s lyrical ‘Untwine,’ a teen rebuilds her life
- Pittsburgh firefighters rescue person from Point Breeze house fire
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez