Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Route 19 accident in Mt. Lebanon injures five people
- Newkirk replaces Jones in Pitt’s starting lineup vs. Notre Dame
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Ambridge fire brought quickly under control
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- $800K spent to revamp California University of Pa. president’s home
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- Police: Woman thwarted abduction at Jefferson Township convenience store
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans