Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- Security guard shot outside East Hills restaurant
- Pitt’s Narduzzi revisits YSU roots in opener
- Berry wins Steelers’ punting job; Wing traded to Giants
- Rossi: Baseball needs a new schedule
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- State lawmaker proposes increasing cost of state fishing licenses
- Armstrong River Hawks make their debut
- Pirates notebook: Burnett continues to progress, amps up to 95-pitch simulated game
- Penn State offense confident it can have better season