Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
By Leader Times
Published: Monday, Nov. 19, 2012, 11:50 p.m.
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Malkin, Crosby
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- BVA senior takes Relay for Life personal
- LaBar: Did WWE referee know finish to Undertaker match?
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Manorville man gives children gift of fishing
- Local runners set for Boston
- Three ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- Landslides put Baldwin firefighters in financial peril