Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Student arrested at Shaler High School in round up of 35 Allegheny County drug dealers
- New movie studio coming to McKees Rocks
- Judge denies Pozonsky motion to throw out evidence
- Woman taken into custody for fatal stabbing of male companion in Duquesne
- Ex-judge in Philadelphia charged with bribery, conspiracy in sting case
- Through the years, Rogers keeps his focus on entertaining
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- WPIAL, coaches are still looking to schedule Week 9 rivalry games
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol