9 Commodores on T-C South Team
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Frazier placed nine players on the 2012 Tri-County South Conference Football Team that was released Tuesday.
Headlining the list for the Commodores are five juniors: quarterback Charles Manack, wide receiver Michael Luce, inside linebackers Chaise Bertocci and Zachary Mastowski and defensive end Daniel Leonard.
Also named to the team were seniors Jaime Fell (wide receiver), Blake Herron (center), Justin Kulwicki (tackle) and Steven Prescott (tackle).
Fell and Manack both made the team last year.
Fell caught 47 passes for 878 yards and scored nine touchdowns as he ranked as one of the top 10 receivers in the WPIAL.
Manack, a converted end from a year ago, was one of the top passers in the WPIAL, completing 121 of 208 passes for 1,794 yards and 20 touchdowns with 10 interceptions.
Bertocci, who also played running back, rushed for 499 yards and scored four TDs while Mastowski, also a running back, had 50 combined rushing and receiving yards and scored six TDs.
“We had a really good year and I'm proud of what these kids did,” said Frazier coach Mike Steeber. “However, we came up seven points short of a conference title and that will weigh heavily on me all winter. But we have a nice nucleus of kids coming back and I'm already looking forward to next season.”
Bentworth had four players named: senior lineman Tanner Severns, junior lineman Mason Shumaker, senior quarterback Dante Sicchitano and freshman running back Ethan Tush.
Conference champion Beth-Center led the way with 10 selections: senior Dalton Babich (lineman), Cody Durant (running back), Anthony Gilpin (split end) and Zach Miller (lineman); juniors Gino Faieta (quarterback), Matt Riggle (running back), Austin Symcheck (lineman), Dominick Welsh (split end) and Lucas Zellie (lineman) and sophomore Jason Stay (running back).
Sixty-five players were named to the team.
B-C coach Ed Woods was named Coach of the Year.
Jeff Oliver is sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Valley resident new CEO at Jefferson
- Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association