Gateway WR commits to WVU
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway junior wide receiver Ricky Rogers has given a verbal commitment to West Virginia, Gators coach Terry Smith confirmed.
The 6-foot-2, 192-pound Rogers chose the Mountaineers over scholarship offers from Pitt, Rutgers and Toledo. He had two receptions for 137 yards — both touchdowns — this season after transferring from Keystone Oaks, where he had 30 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Pirates’ search for division title rests on starting rotation’s health
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- North Versailles couple faults construction company for damage to property
- Hornqvist’s net-front presence with Penguins could be valuable asset
- Pitt football team working to fatten up QB sack total on defense
- Poll shows Clinton slipping in trustworthiness among voters
- Penguins notebook: Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh stems from power play
- Figure in probe of improper influence in federal investor visa program gave Rendell $15K illegally