Gateway WR commits to WVU
By Kevin Gorman
Published: Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012, 5:24 p.m.
Gateway junior wide receiver Ricky Rogers has given a verbal commitment to West Virginia, Gators coach Terry Smith confirmed.
The 6-foot-2, 192-pound Rogers chose the Mountaineers over scholarship offers from Pitt, Rutgers and Toledo. He had two receptions for 137 yards — both touchdowns — this season after transferring from Keystone Oaks, where he had 30 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former Steelers doctor claims agent held gun on him during pat down
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest