Vincentian girls soccer drops heartbreaker to Ellis School
TribLIVE Sports Videos
An errant goal in the opening seconds of the game proved to be the downfall of the Lady Royals soccer squad against the Ellis School in a 2-1 loss.
Meg Sangimino scored the Vincentian goal, tying the game in the first half, but Ellis answered to seal the win.
“We have dealt with a lot of injuries in the second half of the season, and we have players playing out of and new positions” Vincentian coach Marko Vujicic said. “The whole midfield is new from the beginning, but they played with spirit and effort.”
The first half of the season saw the Lady Royals have success, but as has occurred in years past, injuries decimated a deep and talented team.
The team will miss the playoffs after a fast start, but Vujicic said that the future the team will continue to progress.
“I am pleased with the team … I was more pleased with the first half of the season, but we will keep building the midfield and work on endurance,” he said.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-779-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- 3 charged with selling heroin that killed Lower Burrell woman
- Improved play against zone keys Pitt’s turnaround
- Gorman: A victory for small-town teams
- Indiana boys beat Beaver Falls for 1st WPIAL basketball title
- Body found in rubble after Shaler house fire
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections