Vincentian girls soccer drops heartbreaker to Ellis School
TribLIVE Sports Videos
An errant goal in the opening seconds of the game proved to be the downfall of the Lady Royals soccer squad against the Ellis School in a 2-1 loss.
Meg Sangimino scored the Vincentian goal, tying the game in the first half, but Ellis answered to seal the win.
“We have dealt with a lot of injuries in the second half of the season, and we have players playing out of and new positions” Vincentian coach Marko Vujicic said. “The whole midfield is new from the beginning, but they played with spirit and effort.”
The first half of the season saw the Lady Royals have success, but as has occurred in years past, injuries decimated a deep and talented team.
The team will miss the playoffs after a fast start, but Vujicic said that the future the team will continue to progress.
“I am pleased with the team … I was more pleased with the first half of the season, but we will keep building the midfield and work on endurance,” he said.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-779-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- Pirates claim Ishikawa off waivers; Marte injured
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Man, child hit by car late Saturday in South Side
- State-owned universities spend millions in race to snare students
- Pittsburgh’s tech startup activity rates last of 40 metro areas in report
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Police: Maine man shoots off firework from top of head, dies
- Missing man found in Garfield
- Don’t remove history’s lessons