Vincentian girls soccer drops heartbreaker to Ellis School
TribLIVE Sports Videos
An errant goal in the opening seconds of the game proved to be the downfall of the Lady Royals soccer squad against the Ellis School in a 2-1 loss.
Meg Sangimino scored the Vincentian goal, tying the game in the first half, but Ellis answered to seal the win.
“We have dealt with a lot of injuries in the second half of the season, and we have players playing out of and new positions” Vincentian coach Marko Vujicic said. “The whole midfield is new from the beginning, but they played with spirit and effort.”
The first half of the season saw the Lady Royals have success, but as has occurred in years past, injuries decimated a deep and talented team.
The team will miss the playoffs after a fast start, but Vujicic said that the future the team will continue to progress.
“I am pleased with the team … I was more pleased with the first half of the season, but we will keep building the midfield and work on endurance,” he said.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-779-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Former Pittsburgh teacher to stand trial on felony charge involving student
- Bethel Park Police arrest 3 for thefts at Walmart
- Operating loss widens at Highmark parent
- VA, police looking into suicide by veteran outside O’Hara facility
- Pittsburgh diocese eliminates fees for marriage annulments
- Residents warned after incidents with bottles rigged to explode on Jeannette streets
- District attorney will review grand jury’s report on AG Kane
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire