Vincentian girls soccer drops heartbreaker to Ellis School
TribLIVE Sports Videos
An errant goal in the opening seconds of the game proved to be the downfall of the Lady Royals soccer squad against the Ellis School in a 2-1 loss.
Meg Sangimino scored the Vincentian goal, tying the game in the first half, but Ellis answered to seal the win.
“We have dealt with a lot of injuries in the second half of the season, and we have players playing out of and new positions” Vincentian coach Marko Vujicic said. “The whole midfield is new from the beginning, but they played with spirit and effort.”
The first half of the season saw the Lady Royals have success, but as has occurred in years past, injuries decimated a deep and talented team.
The team will miss the playoffs after a fast start, but Vujicic said that the future the team will continue to progress.
“I am pleased with the team … I was more pleased with the first half of the season, but we will keep building the midfield and work on endurance,” he said.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-779-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baldwin boys soccer team bolstered by strong international influence
- Fox Chapel wins thriller
- West Mifflin girls soccer battling for playoff spot
- Ringgold flourishing as it changes formation, moves players to new positions
- Burrell’s Mazary hopes prolific scoring aids push for playoffs
- Kittanning girls soccer battles through low roster numbers
- Charleroi, Fedrick get past Char-Houston, 4-1
- High school roundup: North Allegheny boys deal 1st loss to Seneca Valley
- Gorman: ‘Doc’ sitting on 300th win
- High school roundup: Peters Township, USC girls tie in battle of top teams
- Geibel boys secure 4th straight shutout victory