Geibel names new girls soccer coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Geibel girls soccer team will be under the direction of a new coach during the 2013 season.
Samantha Bell, a 2009 graduate of Connellsville High School, has accepted the coaching position for the Gators. Bell is familiar with the team, having been an assistant coach in each of the past two seasons under former coach Ron Hostovich.
Hostovich resigned Tuesday after he accepted the head coaching position with the Charleroi boys soccer team.
“I think Samantha is an excellent fit to take over our girls soccer program,” Geibel athletic director Shawn Holup said. “She did a very good job as an assistant coach. She was an excellent soccer player and is a great role model for the girls. She is well-liked and respected by the girls and is ready to become a head coach.”
The Geibel girls soccer team finished with a 4-14 record in 2012.
“They came to me and I didn't hesitate,” Bell said. “The school and the girls are awesome to work with. Last year, we were really close to the playoffs, so this year we want to make the playoffs. That's our goal this year.”
Bell was a striker at Connellsville. She earned all-county honors in each of her four seasons in high school and was an all-section player during her senior year.
She graduated from California (Pa.) University in the spring.
Jason Black is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley Academy girls soccer team hits its stride
- Seneca Valley’s Lang embracing senior soccer season
- Springdale boys collect win in double overtime
- Butler girls soccer team seeking top 3 finish in rugged section
- Knoch boys soccer team piling up goals, victories
- Mars soccer team off to hot start thanks to stingy defense
- High school roundup: No. 1 USC edges No. 2 Peters Township in boys soccer
- Trib Cup: Mohawk girls soccer chasing elusive section title
- EF boys soccer team hopes more players means more success
- Charleroi shut out by Geibel
- First half dooms Gateway girls soccer team in section loss to Fox Chapel