Alle-Kiski roundup: Knoch boys, Plum girls stay unbeaten
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After settling for a pair of ties in the season-opening Shaler Tournament — shootouts in the regular season are used to determine tournament winners — Knoch's boys soccer team has put together three straight shutouts.
Goals by Davis Miller and Brandon Vargo, both of which were assisted by Jonmichael Lambert, pushed Knoch past Hopewell, 2-0, on Saturday as the Knights (3-0-2) opened a four-game homestand.
Goalie Stephen Grumski earned the shutout for Knoch in the nonsection win.
Plum 3, Shaler 1 — Aaliyah Odom scored twice, and Chelsea Hubner and Maddy Strohl split time in goal to earn the win as Plum (5-0) stayed unbeaten with a nonsection victory.
Ashley Amato also scored for the Mustangs, who have outscored their opponents 19-3.
Kittanning 4, Deer Lakes 0 — Kylie Hagofsky scored two goals, and Kayly Lazeroff and Emily Knepshield had one apiece to lead Kittanning (2-1) to a nonsection win over Deer Lakes (1-1).
Lazeroff added an assist and Jordan Bozzellil made six saves in net.
Kittanning wins tourney — Kittanning picked up wins of 25-16 and 25-20 in the championship match to edge the host team and win the Kiski Area Tournament.
Burrell and Leechburg tied for third place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier Valley girls soccer team 1-1 in preseason play
- Latrobe boys soccer looks to maintain postseason-caliber play
- Underclassmen to play key role for Ligonier Valley boys soccer
- Jeannette soccer teams show improvement early
- Jeannette boys soccer showing progress
- Jeannette girls showing progress this season
- Jeannette boys soccer sophomore enjoying time in new position
- Harbaugh a young leader on the Jeannette girls soccer team
- Ligonier Valley girls soccer team suffer lose to Vikes
- Ligonier Valley falls short in home soccer opener
- Ligonier boys soccer team struggles