Alle-Kiski roundup: Knoch boys, Plum girls stay unbeaten
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After settling for a pair of ties in the season-opening Shaler Tournament — shootouts in the regular season are used to determine tournament winners — Knoch's boys soccer team has put together three straight shutouts.
Goals by Davis Miller and Brandon Vargo, both of which were assisted by Jonmichael Lambert, pushed Knoch past Hopewell, 2-0, on Saturday as the Knights (3-0-2) opened a four-game homestand.
Goalie Stephen Grumski earned the shutout for Knoch in the nonsection win.
Plum 3, Shaler 1 — Aaliyah Odom scored twice, and Chelsea Hubner and Maddy Strohl split time in goal to earn the win as Plum (5-0) stayed unbeaten with a nonsection victory.
Ashley Amato also scored for the Mustangs, who have outscored their opponents 19-3.
Kittanning 4, Deer Lakes 0 — Kylie Hagofsky scored two goals, and Kayly Lazeroff and Emily Knepshield had one apiece to lead Kittanning (2-1) to a nonsection win over Deer Lakes (1-1).
Lazeroff added an assist and Jordan Bozzellil made six saves in net.
Kittanning wins tourney — Kittanning picked up wins of 25-16 and 25-20 in the championship match to edge the host team and win the Kiski Area Tournament.
Burrell and Leechburg tied for third place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Pirates win 5th straight as offense continues to click in win over Marlins
- Arrest made in 2014 case of Blawnox man found dead in Oakland
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- 2 injured in Upper Burrell head-on wreck
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision