High school roundup: Greensburg Salem boys win in double OT
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Lucas Mangery scored the game-winning goal in the second overtime as Greensburg Salem (1-1, 1-1) earned a 1-0 victory over Valley in Section 2-AA play Thursday night. Corbin Zang recorded his first shutout for the Golden Lions.
Knoch 1, Freeport 0 — Brandon Vargo scored the game's lone goal as Knoch (2-0-2, 2-0-0) earned a Section 2-AA victory. Ben Lope was credited with the assist.
Penn-Trafford 1, Hempfield 0 — Galen Kreutzberger buried a penalty kick in the second half to give Penn-Trafford (2-1-1, 1-1) a Section 1-AAA victory.
Hampton 2, North Hills 1 — Carl Palmer's second-half goal proved to be the game winner as Hampton (2-0, 1-0) earned a Section 2-AAA victory.
Central Catholic 7, Woodland Hills 0 — Seven different players scored as Central Catholic (4-0-1, 2-0-0) earned a Section 3-AAA victory. Goalie Anthony Tirone made one save to earn the shutout.
Baldwin 7, Albert Gallatin 0 — Michael Harrell and Luke Picchi scored two goals apiece, as the Highlanders (3-0-1, 2-0) cruised in Section 4-AAA. Baldwin keeper Belmo Nurcic, who has allowed just one goal this season, recorded his third shutout.
Hopewell 5, Ambridge 0 — Abby Losco had a hat trick as Hopewell (3-0, 1-0) earned a Section 3-AA victory. Goalie Emilie Hovanec made two saves to record her second shutout of the season.
Latrobe 2, Belle Vernon 1, 2 OT — Allison LaDuke scored on a penalty kick in the second overtime to give Latrobe (2-0-1) a nonsection win.
Chartiers Valley 5, South Fayette 0 — Morgan Henderson recorded a hat trick as Chartiers Valley (3-0) earned a nonsection victory. Goalie Skylar Martz made seven saves to record the shutout.
North Allegheny 205, Sewickley Academy 205 — Anthony Muscato and Josh Huhn both shot a match-low 38 as North Allegheny (8-1) earned a nonsection victory. The Tigers won in a playoff.
Peters Township 191, Bethel Park 215 — Nick Konyk shot a match-low 34 as Peters Township (2-4) earned a nonsection victory.
Gateway 223, Penn Hills 244 — Ian Kirkpatrick shot a 38 as Gateway earned a Section 1-AAAA victory.
Elizabeth Forward 206, Belle Vernon 210 — Pat McCall and Mike Ragan both shot a 39 as Elizabeth Forward earned a Section 2-AAA victory. Mike Lubrani shot a match-low 37 for Belle Vernon.
Quaker Valley 226, Freedom 238 — Alex Tanabe shot a match-low 40 as Quaker Valley (8-1) earned a nonsection victory.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- LaBar: WWE bans finishing move of top star
- Greensburg plastic surgeon pleads not guilty to charges of interfering with painkiller investigation
- Firefighters rescue 3 from Beechview house fire
- Scoring struggles linger for Penguins 2nd line
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Interior linemen replace flash with experience for this year’s NFL Draft
- State parties lean on Hispanic officials to reach Latino voters
- Pew Research Center poll shows most Americans take gun rights over control
- Top-seeded CCAC-South softball ready for regionals