High school roundup: Bethel Park tops Peters Township in boys soccer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Nick Schindehette scored the tying and game-winning goals in the second half to lead Bethel Park to a 3-2 win over Class AAA No. 3 Peters Township on Monday night.
Ryan Ponchione scored to put Peters Township ahead, 1-0, in the first half before Michael Guerrero responded with a goal just before halftime.
Peters Township (5-1) scored with 22:28 left to play, putting the Indians ahead, 2-1.
Schindehette then scored the tying goal and the game-winner with five minutes remaining.
Franklin Regional 6, Connellsville 1 — Junior Melanie Renda and sophomore Katie Kimmich scored two goals each for Franklin Regional (2-1-1, 1-0-1) in Section 1-AAA.
Hampton 5, North Hills 1 — Katie Felitsky scored a pair of goals, and Lauren Frey and Erin Herock each scored once for Hampton (2-2, 1-1) in its Section 2-AAA win.
Baldwin 13, Albert Gallatin 0 — Katy Pearson had a hat trick, and Sarah Pender added a pair for Baldwin (3-1, 2-0) in Section 4-AAA.
Freeport 5, Valley 1 — Junior forward Megan Manke scored a pair of goals, one of which came on a beautifully placed chip shot, and the other came on a breakaway, leading Freeport (3-2, 2-1) in Section 2-AA. Senior midfielder Devin Malarik also added two goals for the Yellowjackets.
West Mifflin 8, East Allegheny 0 — Taylor Lapko scored three goals and Becca Manns added two for West Mifflin in its Section 4-AA win. Dani Hasson recorded six saves for the victorious Titans (1-3, 1-2).
Neshannock 4, New Brighton 2 — Sidney Slingluff and Annie Litrenta each scored a pair of goals for Neshannock (3-0-1, 2-0) in its Section 1-A win.
Bentworth 10, Monessen 0 — Maddy Fowler scored four goals, and Maddy Jones and Kelsey Tlute each had three for Bentworth (2-2, 2-0) in Section 2-A.
Bishop Canevin 2, Steel Valley 0 — Sophomore forward Sam Banek scored a goal in her first game back since sustaining a concussion during the preseason to lead the Crusaders in Section 3-A. Carrie Bunevich added an insurance goal in the second half, and Caroline Clark recorded two saves in her fourth shutout for Bishop Canevin (3-0-1, 2-0).
Fox Chapel 3, Shady Side 0 — Lauren Kelly, Dixon Beltri and Margaux Ezeringham scored to lead the Foxes (3-1) in nonsection play.
Bentworth 217, Carmichaels 227 — Jacob Crockett shot 37 for Bentworth (4-4) in a nonsection win at Chippewa.
Mt. Pleasant 3, Southmoreland 2 — The teams of Brooke Lazur and Kailee Gamrat and Kayla Queer and Madie Kramer won their respective doubles matches to lead Mt. Pleasant (6-2) in Section 1-AA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former player set to lead Derry soccer
- Penn-Trafford boys soccer aiming for playoffs
- Norwin boys hoping to break into WPIAL elite
- Girls soccer preview: Defending PIAA champ Central Valley downplays wealth of returning talent
- New head coach focusing on team depth for Latrobe boys soccer
- Even after PIAA title streak ends, Peters Township still a targeted program
- Ligonier Valley boys soccer sets sights high
- Norwin girls looking to continue success under new coach
- Fox Chapel boys soccer looks to replace 10 graduates with talent-laden group
- Boys soccer preview: Upper St. Clair looks for PIAA 3-peat with interim coach Mike Blatz
- Fit, fast Franklin Regional girls soccer team looks to return to playoffs