High school roundup: Greensburg Salem rolls past East Allegheny in section win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Lukas Mangery and David Milburn each scored three goals as Greensburg Salem (2-1, 2-1) picked up a 6-1 win over East Allegheny (0-3, 0-3) in a Section 1-AA boys soccer contest Tuesday.
South Fayette 1, Quaker Valley 0 — In a clash of top five teams, Class AA No. 5 South Fayette (6-0, 3-0) used a first-half goal by Ben Meindl to earn the Section 5-AA win. The loss drops No. 2 Quaker Valley to 2-2-1.
McGuffey 3, Charleroi 0 — Wes Duda, Tyler Harris and Aaron Harris accounted for goals for McGuffey (4-2, 3-0), while Eben King posted a shutout in the Section 6-AA contest.
Serra 5, Jeannette 1 — In Section 1-A, Alex Grace, Grant Taylor, Sam Almeter, Ted Klasnick and Tyler Grebur scored to lead Serra Catholic (4-1, 1-0). Bailey Shifko scored for Jeannette (1-1, 0-1).
Aquinas Academy 4, West Shamokin 0 — Brandon Miller led Aquinas Academy (1-1-1, 1-0) with two goals, while goalie Jonathan Lynch recorded the shutout in the Section 2-A matchup.
Fox Chapel 5, Plum 0 — Cole Ryan's two goals led the Class AAA No. 4 Foxes (5-0, 1-0), and Jacob Henry and Matt Herrmann combined for the shutout.
Shady Side Academy 9, Jeannette0 — Maggie Scott's hat trick propelled the Indians (4-1, 2-0) to a Section 4-A win.
Kittanning 3, Derry 2 — Lauren Felix and Renee Tempo scored for Derry (0-4, 0-1) in a nonsection loss.
Blackhawk 196, Central Valley 213 — Bryce Egger and Nick Leiper each shot a 34 to help Blackhawk earn a Section 5-AAA victory.
North Allegheny 197, Central Catholic 201 — North Allegheny was led by Martin Lazzaro's 37 in a Section 3-AAA matchup. Central Catholic was paced by Brent Rodgers' 37.
Indiana 5, West Shamokin 0 — Lucy Bujdos, Megan Clawson and Kate Palko lost only a combined two games to lead Indiana (8-0, 6-0) to a Section 4-AA win.
Greensburg Central Catholic senior linebacker/fullback Nate Stone made a verbal commitment to Duquesne.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Tesla home battery at $7K, partnered with rooftop solar system, may help reduce power bills
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg
- Foes of South Huntingdon gas-fired plant fight approval
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- Worthington-Kittanning Palomino baseball team struggles early
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- Newsmaker: Susan M. Rademacher
- Another broken promise: ObamaCare in the ER