High school roundup: Penn-Trafford girls shut out Franklin Regional
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Goalkeeper Kayla DiPaolo had a two-save shutout, and Kristina Wallace scored two goals as Penn-Trafford (3-2, 2-0) earned a 4-0 win over Franklin Regional (2-2-1, 1-1-1) in Section 1-AAA on Wednesday night.
Latrobe 9, Connellsville 0 — Ava Petrosky scored two goals for Latrobe (4-0-1, 1-0-1) in a Section 1-AAA match. Stephanie Kubus earned the shutout for the Wildcats.
Norwin 4, Hempfield 0 — Kaitlin Kolano scored the game-winning goal in the first half off of a cross from Lexie Kolano as Class AAA No. 1 Norwin (3-0, 1-0) won in Section 1.
Fox Chapel 3, Plum 1 — Taylor Cohen, Dixon Veltri and Margaux Everingham registered a goal to lead Fox Chapel (4-1, 2-0) to a Section 3-AAA victory. Aaliyah Odom scored the lone goal for Plum (6-1, 2-1).
Pine-Richland 1, Butler 0 — Sara Caligiuri scored off a corner kick from Ali Johanson with 18 minutes remaining as Pine-Richland (4-2-1, 1-1) won in Section 2-AAA.
Central Valley 11, Blackhawk 2 — Carolina Lucci scored four goals and Olivia Pritt scored three to pace Class AA No. 3 Central Valley (3-0, 1-0) in Section 3. Katie Alexander recorded four assists in the win.
West Mifflin 2, McGuffey 0 — Crystal Ondike and Kyley Galiyas each scored a goal to lead West Mifflin (2-3, 2-2) to a Section 4-AA win. Dani Hasson recorded the shutout.
Beaver 4, Riverside 0 — Emily Ledbetter scored two goals for Beaver (4-1, 1-0) in a Section 3-AA win. Goalkeeper Olivia Neeley recorded the shutout for Beaver.
New Brighton 2, Sewickley Academy 1, OT — Elaine Smith scored the game-winning goal in overtime for New Brighton (1-4, 1-2) in a Section 1-AA match against Sewickley Academy (2-3, 2-1). Leslie Miller scored the first goal for New Brighton.
Bishop Canevin 3, Ellis School 0 — Julianne Hart, Daisha Reed and Carrie Bunevich scored to lead Class A No. 4 Bishop Canevin (4-0-1, 3-0) to a Section 3 win. Goalkeeper Caroline Clarke stopped a penalty kick to keep the shutout intact.
South Allegheny 1, Charleroi 0 — Nina Tyszkiewicz scored the lone goal to lead Class A No. 5 South Allegheny (3-1, 3-0) to a Section 2 win. Goalkeeper Kacey Sullinger recorded two saves in the shutout.
Avonworth 6, Steel Valley 1 — Emily Paszkiewicz factored in four goals for Avonworth (5-1, 3-0) as she scored two and tallied two assists in a Section 3-A victory.
Jeannette 2, St. Joseph 0 — Monique Redman scored both goals as Jeannette (1-2, 1-2) won a Section 4-A match. Goalkeeper Hannah Poth stopped five shots.
Valley 2, Indiana 1 (OT) — Valley (2-2, 1-2) broke a 75-game section losing streak dating to 2006 with a Section 2-AA win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 kayakers in OhioPyle
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill
- Weather continues to cause crashes, public transportation delays
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Football star’s mom embraced life with gusto
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Experts: Clinton took dangerous path with email system
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Pitt coach Narduzzi wants star RB Conner to focus on offense
- Penguins notebook: Road trip increases in difficulty