Dickens leading way for Fox Chapel boys soccer team
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jack Dickens is making a name for himself on the soccer field in his senior season.
Also a member of the Fox Chapel varsity volleyball team, Dickens scored six goals and added an assist last week to help the Foxes soccer team remain undefeated.
For his efforts, Dickens has been selected The Herald Athlete of the Week.
Dickens said he has not yet decided where he will be attending college next year, but said he is leaning toward the University of Pittsburgh at the moment.
He plans to major in marketing and hopes to continue playing soccer
Here's a closer look at Dickens:
Q: Who have been your role models?
A: My father, who has instilled in me a solid work ethic and a never-give-up and give-100-percent-all-of- the-time attitude. Soccer player Christiano Ronaldo has also been a role model.
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
A: “Arrested Development.”
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Christiano Ronaldo.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Learning new things, sports and chilling and hanging out with my friends.
Q: What is your favorite candy bar?
Q: Who is your favorite singer or band?
A: Kanye West.
Q: What's your favorite vacation destination?
A: Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Kate Upton.
Q: Who would you like to trade places with for a day?
A: Justin Timberlake.
Q: What was the highlight of your summer?
A: Getting together with my friends who came back home from college.
Q: What's your favorite class at school?
A: For right now, it's government.
Q: Do you have a most-embarrassing moment you'd like to forget about?
A: Yes. One time at soccer regionals, we were down 1-0 and I had a penalty kick. I mis-hit it off of my plant foot and it took about 10 seconds to get to the goalie.
Q: If you weren't living in Pittsburgh, where would you like to be living?
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
A: “Dumb and Dumber.”
Q: What would make up your favorite all-time meal?
A: Buffalo chicken wrap with bacon and french fries.
Q: Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Q: Do you think the Steelers are in for a long season?
A: I think they'll do poorly, especially after last week's injuries. They'll be lucky to finish 8-8.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I...
A: ... Sing in the shower. “Ain't No Mountain High” is my main song of choice.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- Crews called to possible drowning in Perry Township
- Football, men’s basketball among Pitt teams to post highest Academic Progress Rate scores
- Pirates notebook: Alvarez having success looking the other way
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Santorum announces presidential run ‘where my American story began’
- Central Catholic downs Norwin to win 1st WPIAL baseball title
- Male suspect in custody from New Kensington shooting
- Exxon, Chevron shareholders reject big oil restrictions