Leopards shut out Warriors, 3-0
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Belle Vernon Area boys' soccer team played what coach John Kerekes called, “our best game of the year” in its 3-0 win over Elizabeth Forward Saturday.
“I thought we controlled the game and forced them to do what we wanted them to do,” Kerekes added. “If we want to make the playoffs, we need to continue to play like this.”
Tyler Chiste, Evan Brown, and Tyler Seligas scored while the defense limited EF to one shot to secure the shutout for Sam Kovall.
EF (0-9-1, 0-5-1) heads to Yough tonight for a section rematch that saw Yough win 2-1 last Monday while BVA (4-6, 3-3) looks to avenge a section loss to TJ on Sept. 3 when it hosts the Jaguars Tuesday.
Ringgold 10,Trinity 1
Jeremy Perez scored a career-high five goals to pace Ringgold (9-3, 4-2) to a Section 4 AAA win.
Joey Romano added two goals while Brandon Perez, Nathaniel Patton, and Connor Dudas each added a tally for the Rams.
“This was a really good win for us and I am pleased,” Ringgold coach Frank Perez said. “Trinity is a young, but talented team and they have been playing everyone in the section tough.
“This was a good bounce- back win after our loss to Baldwin.”
The Rams now stand alone in third place at the halfway point in section play, and they host section leading Bethel Park Tuesday.
Southmoreland 6,Charleroi 0
The Cougars (4-5, 2-4) dropped a key Section 6 AA contest to the Scotties.
Charleroi, outscored 12-0 in its last two matches, looks to get back on track Tuesday when it hosts Uniontown in a section match.
California 2,Washington 1
The Trojans (4-3-1, 3-2-1) picked up an important Section 4 A win at home to remain in the playoff hunt.
California hosts Chartiers-Houston in a section match Tuesday in a rematch of the Trojans' 2-1 win on September 3rd.
Beth-Center 3,Bentworth 1
The Bearcats (1-7-2, 0-4-2) dropped a Section 4 A contest on the road.
Bentworth is at Monessen Tuesday in a section match.
Yough 3,East Allegheny 1
The Cougars (3-4-1) went on the road and pick up an exhibition win.
Yough hosts EF tonight in a Section 3 AA match.
Chartiers-Houston 10,Monessen 0
In the lone contest featuring local girls teams, Monessen was shut out in a Section 2 A match. The Lady Greyhounds have been outscored 52-1 in their six games this season.
Monessen (0-6, 0-5) travels to Charleroi tonight in a section match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trib Cup: Quick passes key to early success for Beaver soccer
- Freeport makes case for playoffs with 2-1 comeback win over Deer Lakes
- Youthful East Allegheny girls soccer moving in right direction
- Jeannette’s Sanders likes to cause havoc on soccer field
- Charleroi boys soccer dominates Monessen
- Charleroi, Bentworth keep winning
- Ligonier Valley boys soccer likely has to win out to reach District 6 playoffs
- Springdale girls soccer team fights through injuries
- A-K Valley high school notebook: Playoff race fuzzy in Section 2-A boys
- Stack propels Seton-La Salle to tie for first place
- Playoff-bound Bentworth beats Monessen