Leopards shut out Warriors, 3-0
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Belle Vernon Area boys' soccer team played what coach John Kerekes called, “our best game of the year” in its 3-0 win over Elizabeth Forward Saturday.
“I thought we controlled the game and forced them to do what we wanted them to do,” Kerekes added. “If we want to make the playoffs, we need to continue to play like this.”
Tyler Chiste, Evan Brown, and Tyler Seligas scored while the defense limited EF to one shot to secure the shutout for Sam Kovall.
EF (0-9-1, 0-5-1) heads to Yough tonight for a section rematch that saw Yough win 2-1 last Monday while BVA (4-6, 3-3) looks to avenge a section loss to TJ on Sept. 3 when it hosts the Jaguars Tuesday.
Ringgold 10,Trinity 1
Jeremy Perez scored a career-high five goals to pace Ringgold (9-3, 4-2) to a Section 4 AAA win.
Joey Romano added two goals while Brandon Perez, Nathaniel Patton, and Connor Dudas each added a tally for the Rams.
“This was a really good win for us and I am pleased,” Ringgold coach Frank Perez said. “Trinity is a young, but talented team and they have been playing everyone in the section tough.
“This was a good bounce- back win after our loss to Baldwin.”
The Rams now stand alone in third place at the halfway point in section play, and they host section leading Bethel Park Tuesday.
Southmoreland 6,Charleroi 0
The Cougars (4-5, 2-4) dropped a key Section 6 AA contest to the Scotties.
Charleroi, outscored 12-0 in its last two matches, looks to get back on track Tuesday when it hosts Uniontown in a section match.
California 2,Washington 1
The Trojans (4-3-1, 3-2-1) picked up an important Section 4 A win at home to remain in the playoff hunt.
California hosts Chartiers-Houston in a section match Tuesday in a rematch of the Trojans' 2-1 win on September 3rd.
Beth-Center 3,Bentworth 1
The Bearcats (1-7-2, 0-4-2) dropped a Section 4 A contest on the road.
Bentworth is at Monessen Tuesday in a section match.
Yough 3,East Allegheny 1
The Cougars (3-4-1) went on the road and pick up an exhibition win.
Yough hosts EF tonight in a Section 3 AA match.
Chartiers-Houston 10,Monessen 0
In the lone contest featuring local girls teams, Monessen was shut out in a Section 2 A match. The Lady Greyhounds have been outscored 52-1 in their six games this season.
Monessen (0-6, 0-5) travels to Charleroi tonight in a section match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Water main break closes Upper St. Clair road
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- IceoPlex owner indicted, accused of avoiding $1M in payroll taxes
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- U.S. Steel’s 2Q loss beats analysts’ estimates
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- Hiring in shale industry shifts to engineering, construction workers
- Rostraver police issue warning after home invasion, robbery