High school roundup: Peters Township beats Moon in Section 5
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Nico Mastrangelo scored twice, including an insurance goal with four minutes remaining, to lead Class AAA No. 5 Peters Township to a 3-1 win over Moon in Section 5 boys soccer play.
Troy Eskew had the other goal for Peters Township (9-2-1, 6-1-1), and Zach Kroll scored for Moon (5-5-1, 2-4-1).
Baldwin 8, Albert Gallatin 0 — Austin Vertullo scored three goals, and Michael Harrel added two for Baldwin (6-6-1, 5-3) in Section 4-AAA. Brandon Thompson had three saves in the shutout.
Thomas Jefferson 4 , Steel Valley 1 — Nick Burkett scored three goals to lead Thomas Jefferson (6-4-1, 5-2-1) to a Section 3-AA win. Mahesh Dhaubhadel added a goal and two assists.
Sewickley Academy 8 , Neshannock 0 — J.P. Bowell and Anthony Stinson scored two goals each for Class A No. 1 Sewickley Academy (7-2, 5-0) in a Section 5 match. Jackson O'Neill and Derek Littlefield combined for the shutout.
Seton-La Salle 9, North Catholic 0 — Matt Wilke scored three goals for Class A No. 2 Seton-La Salle (8-0-1, 7-0-1) in Section 3. Justin Wang, Ryan Milcarek and Zach Hutchinson added goals in the win.
Geibel 6, Bent worth 0 — James Ewing scored three goals for Geibel (6-2-2, 4-0-2) in Section 5-A play. Kyle Toth made five saves for the shutout.
OLSH 4, Quigley 0 — Dom Demino, who has 10 goals on the season, recorded a hat trick for OLSH (6-2-1, 4-1) in Section 5-A play. Mitch Hendrickson recorded six saves for his fifth shutout.
Norwin 5, Kiski Area 1 — Micayla Livingston scored a goal and had two assists to lead Class AAA No. 4 Norwin (8-1-1, 5-1) to a Section 1 win. Cayla Imbarlina added a goal for Norwin.
Yough 6, Derry 0 — Shawna Zaken recorded a hat trick, and Franki Berarducci added two goals for Yough (7-3, 5-1) in Section 1-AA play. Leigh Appolonia recorded three saves for her sixth shutout.
Bishop Canevin 4, Steel Valley 1 — Sam Vanek and Julia Martin each scored two goals for Class A No. 4 Bishop Canevin (8-1-1, 6-1) in Section 3 action.
Brashear 41, Strong Vincent 38 — Ty Powe rushed for 206 yards and two touchdowns, including a 62-yard TD run with three minutes left, as Brashear (2-3, 1-1) won a nonconference game. Angelo Reed threw for 111 yards and four touchdowns for the Bulls.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- EF boys soccer team hopes more players means more success
- High school roundup: No. 1 USC edges No. 2 Peters Township in boys soccer
- Trib Cup: Mohawk girls soccer chasing elusive section title
- Sewickley Academy girls soccer team hits its stride
- Geibel boys secure 4th straight shutout victory
- First half dooms Gateway girls soccer team in section loss to Fox Chapel
- Monessen, Geibel to battle for 4-A top spot
- Girls soccer preview: Defending PIAA champ Central Valley downplays wealth of returning talent
- GCC girls soccer confident it will contend for 3rd PIAA title despite graduations
- Long wait is over for Apollo-Ridge girls soccer team
- Roundup: BVA ties school shutout start