High school roundup: No. 2 Peters Township girls edge rival Big Macs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Emily Franty scored 15 minutes in to provide No. 2 Peters Township (11-3, 7-0) with the only score needed as the Indians topped rival Canon-McMillan, 1-0, in Section 5-AAA on Monday night.
Megan Parker made six saves for her ninth shutout.
Latrobe 6, C onnellsville 3 — Allison Laduke and Emma Kate Womack each had two goals as Latrobe (8-3-1, 4-2-1) earned a Section 1-AAA victory. Ashton Grimm scored twice for Connellsville (5-8, 1-8).
Norwin 3, Hempfield 0 — Micayla Livingston scored a goal and added an assist as No. 4 Norwin (9-1-1, 6-1-0) earned a victory in Section 1-AAA.
Penn-Trafford 3, Franklin Regional 1 — Kristina Wallace scored twice as Penn-Trafford (10-3, 9-0) earned a victory in Section 1-AAA.
Fox Chapel 2, Plum 1 — Margoux Everingham recorded a goal and an assist as Fox Chapel (11-1, 8-0) remained undefeated in Section 3-AAA. Deena Debaldo scored the Foxes' other goal.
Chartiers Valley 10, Laurel Highlands 0 — Morgan Henderson and Jamie Casto both recorded hat tricks as Chartiers Valley (11-2, 5-2) earned a Section 5-AAA victory. Skylar Martz made four saves for her eighth shutout.
Yough 4, Mt. Ple asant 0 — Shawna Zaken scored twice as Yough (9-3, 7-1) earned a Section 1-AA victory. Leigh Appolonia made four saves to record her eighth shutout.
Hopewell 3, Beaver 1 — Abby Losco had two goals and an assist as No. 5 Hopewell (9-2, 6-1) won in Section 3-AA.
Quaker Valley 4, Keystone Oaks 0 — Molly Harkins made five saves and Greer Monahan had a goal and an assist to help No. 3 Quaker Valley (14-0, 10-0) remain undefeated in Section 5-AA.
New Brighton 1, Sewickley Academy 0 — Anna Kelly scored the game's lone goal as New Brighton (5-6-1, 5-4-1) earned a victory in Section 1-A. Kailey Bonner made 12 saves for the shutout.
Bishop Canevin 2, Ellis School 1 — Ellese White scored the game-winning goal as No. 4 Bishop Canevin (9-2, 7-1) earned a Section 3-A victory.
Greensburg C.C. 7, Springdale 1 — Malea Fabean scored four goals as No. 1 Greensburg C.C. (9-1, 8-0) earned a Section 4-A win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- EF boys soccer team hopes more players means more success
- BVA boys outlast Yough, 1-0
- Monessen, Geibel to battle for 4-A top spot
- Trib Cup: Mohawk girls soccer chasing elusive section title
- Quaker Valley boys soccer team plays through gauntlet
- Sewickley Academy girls soccer team hits its stride
- High school roundup: Bethel Park girls edge Baldwin in double OT
- Charleroi Soccer Hall will welcome Duritza
- Charleroi ready for showdown
- High school roundup: No. 1 USC edges No. 2 Peters Township in boys soccer
- Mars girls extend section win streak to 62