High school roundup: Bishop Canevin girls top Avonworth in double overtime
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Julianne Hart scored off a penalty kick four minutes into double overtime to give No. 4 Bishop Canevin a 1-0 victory over third-ranked Avonworth (11-3, 9-2) on Wednesday. The Crusaders (10-3-1, 8-1) avenged a 2-1 loss to Avonworth from Sept. 16 and moved into sole possession of first place.
New Brighton 4, Qu igley 3 — Maya Watkins had a hat trick, scoring her third goal with eight seconds left in regulation, as New Brighton (6-6-1, 6-4-1) earned a victory in Section 1-A.
Charleroi 2, Ben tworth 1 — Kyra Watkins scored the game-winning goal from 25 yards out early in the first half as Charleroi (9-1-1, 7-1-1) earned a Section 2-A victory. Sydney Toth made nine saves in the shutout.
Chartiers-Houston 5, Beth-Center 0 — Erin James had a hat trick as Chartiers-Houston (7-8, 4-6) earned a Section 2-A victory. Addy Knetzer made nine saves for the shutout.
Serra 7, Monessen 0 — Megan Seig scored four goals as Serra (9-4, 4-4) earned a victory in Section 2-A. Aaliyah Coleman made seven saves for the shutout.
Seton-La Salle 1, Steel Valley 1, 2 OT — Bella Coliana scored Steel Valley's lone goal as the Ironmen (2-11-2, 2-8-2) battled Seton-La Salle (3-7-1, 3-4-1) to a tie in Section 3-A.
Greensburg C.C. 8, S hady Side Acade my 2 — Fran Crouse had five goals as No. 1 Greensburg C.C. (10-1. 9-0) earned a victory in Section 4-A. Malea Fabean recorded a hat trick for the Centurions.
Penn-Trafford 3, Latrobe 1 — Maggie Mastrogiacoma scored the game-winning goal with 20 minutes left as Penn-Trafford (11-3, 10-0) won in Section 1-AAA.
Hampton 2, Pi ne-Richland 1 — Katie Feltisky scored with 17:30 left to give Hampton (8-6, 6-4) a victory in Section 2-AAA.
Fox Chapel 9, W oodland Hills 0 — Vixon Velpri recorded a hat trick as Fox Chapel (12-1, 9-0) earned a victory in Section 3-AAA. Lauren Kelly and Deena DeBaldo each scored twice for the Foxes.
Peters Township 1, Chartiers Valley 0 — Riley Partyka scored on a header off a corner kick in the 47th minute to give No. 5 Peters Township (12-3, 8-0) a victory in Section 5-AAA. Megan Parker made five saves to secure the shutout.
Southmoreland 9, Uniontown 2 — Paige Weaver had a hat trick as Southmoreland (8-3-1, 7-2-1) earned a Section 1-AA victory.
Yough 7, Waynesburg 0 — Shawna Zaken and Natalie Luppolz both recorded a hat trick as Yough (10-3, 8-1) earned a victory in Section 1-AA.
Hopewell 7. Riverside 0 — Abby Losco had a hat trick as No. 5 Hopewell (10-2, 7-1) earned a Section 3-AA victory.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins call up prized defensive prospect Pouliot
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Pitt’s acting athletic director is deft facilitator
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Brass plaque stolen from McKeesport veterans memorial
- Ex-juvenile center director claims he was fired because he’s black