WPIAL soccer playoff brackets announced
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL soccer playoff brackets were released Wednesday, and the top seeds went to each of Trib Total Media's top-ranked teams.
In boys soccer, Upper St. Clair (17-0-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; West Allegheny (14-0-3) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Sewickley Academy (14-3) took top honors in Class A.
In girls soccer, Seneca Valley (15-2-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; Mars (15-1-2) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Greensburg Central Catholic (14-1) took top honors in Class A.
Postseason play begins Saturday with preliminary-round matches for the boys and preliminary- and first-round contests for the girls.
The championships will be played Nov. 1 and 2 at Highmark Stadium, the home of the Pittsburgh Riverhounds, at Station Square on Pittsburgh's South Side.
The 2012 WPIAL champions for boys soccer were Canon-McMillan (AAA), Quaker Valley (AA) and Riverside (A). Girls winners were Peters Township (AAA), Mars (AA) and Greensburg Central Catholic (A).
Upper St. Clair won a PIAA championship in boys soccer. Peters Township, Moon and Greensburg Central Catholic are defending state champions for girls soccer.
For complete brackets, visit www.wpial.org.
Jason Mackey is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @Mackey_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- Bitter loss fuels Kiski Area boys soccer
- Alle-Kiski soccer notebook: Area teams begin section play this week
- Southmoreland boys soccer expects another strong season
- Elizabeth Forward girls soccer looks to extend playoff streak
- BVA girls claim South Fayette tourney title
- Norwin girls looking to continue success under new coach
- Connellsville boys soccer team sets sights on postseason
- South Allegheny girls soccer team seeks elusive PIAA berth
- TJ boys soccer veterans making return
- New coach set to lead Greensburg Salem girls soccer