WPIAL soccer playoff brackets announced
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL soccer playoff brackets were released Wednesday, and the top seeds went to each of Trib Total Media's top-ranked teams.
In boys soccer, Upper St. Clair (17-0-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; West Allegheny (14-0-3) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Sewickley Academy (14-3) took top honors in Class A.
In girls soccer, Seneca Valley (15-2-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; Mars (15-1-2) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Greensburg Central Catholic (14-1) took top honors in Class A.
Postseason play begins Saturday with preliminary-round matches for the boys and preliminary- and first-round contests for the girls.
The championships will be played Nov. 1 and 2 at Highmark Stadium, the home of the Pittsburgh Riverhounds, at Station Square on Pittsburgh's South Side.
The 2012 WPIAL champions for boys soccer were Canon-McMillan (AAA), Quaker Valley (AA) and Riverside (A). Girls winners were Peters Township (AAA), Mars (AA) and Greensburg Central Catholic (A).
Upper St. Clair won a PIAA championship in boys soccer. Peters Township, Moon and Greensburg Central Catholic are defending state champions for girls soccer.
For complete brackets, visit www.wpial.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police at Uniontown solve 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old, but suspect has died
- PennDOT alerts drivers to numerous road closures due to flooding, debris
- Weather closes Penn State for first time in 8 years
- Shania’s first tour in 11 years includes Pittsburgh stop
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Safety Vinopal, former teammates perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- Pitt’s Wright excelling in classroom