WPIAL soccer playoff brackets announced
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL soccer playoff brackets were released Wednesday, and the top seeds went to each of Trib Total Media's top-ranked teams.
In boys soccer, Upper St. Clair (17-0-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; West Allegheny (14-0-3) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Sewickley Academy (14-3) took top honors in Class A.
In girls soccer, Seneca Valley (15-2-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; Mars (15-1-2) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Greensburg Central Catholic (14-1) took top honors in Class A.
Postseason play begins Saturday with preliminary-round matches for the boys and preliminary- and first-round contests for the girls.
The championships will be played Nov. 1 and 2 at Highmark Stadium, the home of the Pittsburgh Riverhounds, at Station Square on Pittsburgh's South Side.
The 2012 WPIAL champions for boys soccer were Canon-McMillan (AAA), Quaker Valley (AA) and Riverside (A). Girls winners were Peters Township (AAA), Mars (AA) and Greensburg Central Catholic (A).
Upper St. Clair won a PIAA championship in boys soccer. Peters Township, Moon and Greensburg Central Catholic are defending state champions for girls soccer.
For complete brackets, visit www.wpial.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Springdale trestle bridge deemed structurally sound
- Voters opt for ‘Don’t Know’ in 2016 presidential race, poll finds
- Westmoreland museum spotlights artist John Kane’s late-in-life fame
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Iraqi libraries ransacked
- As banking goes mobile, branch closures rip through local economy