WPIAL soccer playoff brackets announced
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL soccer playoff brackets were released Wednesday, and the top seeds went to each of Trib Total Media's top-ranked teams.
In boys soccer, Upper St. Clair (17-0-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; West Allegheny (14-0-3) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Sewickley Academy (14-3) took top honors in Class A.
In girls soccer, Seneca Valley (15-2-1) was the No. 1 seed in Class AAA; Mars (15-1-2) earned the top seed in Class AA; and Greensburg Central Catholic (14-1) took top honors in Class A.
Postseason play begins Saturday with preliminary-round matches for the boys and preliminary- and first-round contests for the girls.
The championships will be played Nov. 1 and 2 at Highmark Stadium, the home of the Pittsburgh Riverhounds, at Station Square on Pittsburgh's South Side.
The 2012 WPIAL champions for boys soccer were Canon-McMillan (AAA), Quaker Valley (AA) and Riverside (A). Girls winners were Peters Township (AAA), Mars (AA) and Greensburg Central Catholic (A).
Upper St. Clair won a PIAA championship in boys soccer. Peters Township, Moon and Greensburg Central Catholic are defending state champions for girls soccer.
For complete brackets, visit www.wpial.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trib Cup: Quick passes key to early success for Beaver soccer
- Freeport makes case for playoffs with 2-1 comeback win over Deer Lakes
- Springdale girls soccer team fights through injuries
- A-K Valley high school notebook: Playoff race fuzzy in Section 2-A boys
- Greensburg high school roundup: Greensburg Salem girls edge Yough
- High school roundup: No. 1 Mars edges Shady Side Academy in double OT
- Plum stays in control of 2nd in section race
- High school roundup: North Allegheny topples Pine-Richland in overtime
- Greensburg high school roundup: Greensburg Salem boys shut out Derry
- Charleroi, Bentworth keep winning