Pascoe, Gagliardi make All-WPIAL
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It's no secret that Hayden Pascoe and Ashly Gagliardi were two cornerstones to Belle Vernon Area's girls' soccer program the last four years.
So, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the duo was named to the All-WPIAL Girls' Soccer Team.
The Lady Lep seniors were among 80 girls to be named to the team from all classifications.
Pascoe made the team for the third straight year while Gagliardi made it for the second consecutive year.
“I'm not surprised they made it,” BVA coach Paul Sasko said. “They are both very deserving, for sure. It's quite an accomplishment to make it once, let alone two or three times.
“I'm also optimistic that Hayden will make all-state, as well. But that list hasn't come out yet.”
Other area players to be named to the All-WPIAL Team include Elizabeth Forward's Rachel Collage and Josie Madden and Greensburg Central Catholic's Malea Fabean, who lives in Donora.
Jeff Oliver is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school roundup: North Allegheny girls edge Pine-Richland
- Playoff-bound Bentworth beats Monessen
- South Allegheny boys soccer grows amid adversity
- Norwin shuts out Hempfield
- Led by a defense that has allowed just 5 goals, Fox Chapel girls excel in section play
- Charleroi boys soccer dominates Monessen
- Belenis, O’Shea, Moir displaying leadership for Brentwood boys soccer
- High school roundup: No. 4 Bishop Canevin edges No. 2 Carlynton
- Springdale girls soccer team fights through injuries
- A-K Valley high school notebook: Playoff race fuzzy in Section 2-A boys
- Experience, familiarity giving Canevin girls soccer a boost