Pascoe, Gagliardi make All-WPIAL
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It's no secret that Hayden Pascoe and Ashly Gagliardi were two cornerstones to Belle Vernon Area's girls' soccer program the last four years.
So, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the duo was named to the All-WPIAL Girls' Soccer Team.
The Lady Lep seniors were among 80 girls to be named to the team from all classifications.
Pascoe made the team for the third straight year while Gagliardi made it for the second consecutive year.
“I'm not surprised they made it,” BVA coach Paul Sasko said. “They are both very deserving, for sure. It's quite an accomplishment to make it once, let alone two or three times.
“I'm also optimistic that Hayden will make all-state, as well. But that list hasn't come out yet.”
Other area players to be named to the All-WPIAL Team include Elizabeth Forward's Rachel Collage and Josie Madden and Greensburg Central Catholic's Malea Fabean, who lives in Donora.
Jeff Oliver is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Court rules Steelers must pay Okobi workers comp
- Westmoreland historical society holding antiques appraisal
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- Elizabeth Township, McKeesport impacted by ice jam on Youghiogheny River
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- Top Senate Republican to states: Ignore EPA carbon rules
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Franklin Regional grads named to collegiate anniversary teams