Shady Side Academy soccer players honored
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Five players on the Shady Side Academy boys varsity soccer team, as well as the team's head coach, have earned WPIAL section honors for the fall 2013 season.
Shady Side competes in Section 2 of WPIAL Class AA.
Senior midfielder Evan Brazinski was named the Section Co-Player of the Year while head coach James Meara was named the Section Coach of the Year.
Brazinski, senior midfielder Chinedu Okoroafor, senior defender Dan Marous, and senior attacker Mike Concordia earned All-Section honors, while senior defender Chris Zhang earned an honorable mention.
Shady Side finished the regular season with a 12-3 overall record and an 11-1 conference record, winning Section 2-AA.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Springdale girls soccer team fights through injuries
- A-K Valley high school notebook: Playoff race fuzzy in Section 2-A boys
- Hempfield girls getting scoring throughout lineup in quest for playoff berth
- Serra girls soccer surges into playoff picture
- WPIAL finalists the past 2 seasons, West Allegheny boys chasing playoff berth
- High school roundup: Shady Side Academy girls shut out Springdale
- Ringgold nips EF girls on Briscoe’s goal
- Greensburg high school roundup: Greensburg Salem girls edge Yough
- South Fayette girls soccer believing it can go deep into playoffs
- Daily News roundup: West Mifflin girls shut out Obama Academy
- Franklin Regional girls soccer keeps pace in race for playoffs